[All Platforms][Your Library] Refresh button/gesture for Podcasts and Playlists

Please install a refresh button/gesture on your mobile and desktop app that allows us to refresh the content without relaunching the app. It would be useful to check the latest episodes from the podcasts I follow or daily Made For You playlists.

Updated on 2021-06-25

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion!

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.

Comments
The_Faffer
Visitor

I want to switch over to Spotify for podcasts but won't until something regarding refreshing is implemented. 

ngallinelli
Visitor

I really don't comprehend how this isn't a thing. This is the single reason I use Apple podcasts instead of this. Like, just put it in — I have new podcasts and they simply don't show up. 

KatieB50

Previous day... I'm seeing some stupid podcast that I made the mistake of listening to a month ago (do NOT listen to your daily horoscope folks). Now my daily playlists never show up, instead the horoscopes I haven't listened to in a month crowd this out. 

race_condition1

Unbelievable that having to regularly close and reopen the desktop client is deemed a reasonable User Experience by Spotify. And they don't see the need to do anything about it until a bazillion people vote for this request. *smh* 😑

There shouldn't be even a need for a refresh button, it's not 2005 anymore. New podcast episodes should automatically appear in the application via a push mechanism (or regularly poll, if you must).

I'm a developer myself and frankly I would be ashamed to tell my paying customers "oh well, you have to restart the app if you want it to update". 🤡

rebelwhs

Spotify in my experience is the worst customer service and user interface company I deal with regularly. Honestly, the only thing keeping me from switching to Amazon Prime Music is the time it will take to transfer my library over. This silly issue that drives us all nuts doesn't surprise me at all. 

Luan
Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2021-06-24

Hey! Looks like that your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues to be supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your idea. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Luan
Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-06-25

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion!

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.

ISleepWithSocksOn

Add a refresh button to the desktop app already! Why do I need to force close the app and reopen it?