[All Platforms][Your Library] Sorting options for My Library under Artist

I highly encourage featuring sorting options within an Artist in My Library. Currently, Saved Songs are organized alphabetically by album title. It would be preferable to create sorting options like "Release Date" or "Date Liked". This would allow customizeable listening experiences for those who prefer listening to music in different and deliberate ways.

In the example of Black Sabbath, of my saved albums it jumps from Black Sabbath (album, 1970) to Heaven and **bleep** (1980). Not only are these albums 10 years apart, but they have different vocalists that have different styles altogether. I prefer to listen to albums straight through and would prefer to follow their debut album with their second, then third, etc. to keep the music in a similar musical style as opposed to the bands later albums. It is a useful tool for those interested in tracking an Artists change in style over their musical career.

Similarly, organizing by “Date Liked” is useful for those wanting to have easier access to their earliest (and often most familiar or liked) saved listening experience with the artist. This would allow the user to sort their first saved album/song by the artist to the top of the Artist’s saved music section.  An additional bonus would be the freedom to add albums/singles/etc. into their saved music in the order they would like it to be sorted in their library.

Updated on 2020-06-23

Hey @Shelbwest 

A similar idea has also been suggested here, and only one thread can exist per idea:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Desktop-Your-Library-More-Library-Music-Filters/idi-p/48...

Please vote for it, and add a comment there, so it may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

Comments
Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2020-06-23

Hey @Shelbwest 

A similar idea has also been suggested here, and only one thread can exist per idea:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Desktop-Your-Library-More-Library-Music-Filters/idi-p/48...

Please vote for it, and add a comment there, so it may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂