[All Platforms][Your Music] Go Back to Saving Music to "Songs" Instead of "Favorite Songs"

The new change from the "Songs" playlist to "Favorite Songs" is not only pointless but really confuses the original purpose of the "Songs" library. Many users used the "+" icon to save songs they were interested in, but not all of the songs users saved were "Favorite Songs". My system, for one, was to save songs I kind of liked, then go through them later. The songs I thought were the best, I removed the "+" and put those songs into another playlist entirely. So, none of the songs on that playlist are actually my favorite song and now I'm going to have difficulty returning to this system when all of these songs have hearts on them and are labeled "Favorite Songs".

Just go back to the way it was. Honestly Spotify, there are so many more important changes to implement and you do this?

Updated on 2018-07-27

Hey there!

As the comments confirm: This change has been rolled back for now.

Therefore this idea will be closed.

Thanks for the feedback!

Comments
angelx644
Music Fan

Agreed, it's just change for the sake of change. Broke more than it fixed.

imauser1

dont fix what is not broken

dronex
Casual Listener

+1 please remove that naming

dronex
Casual Listener

You wouldn't do this either, would you?

howtobespotify.gif

NiallJH

Why aren't they my Favourite Albums and Favourite Artists? The lists are generated using the same interaction right? Go whole hog if you're going to arbitrarily change things.

Also 'Favorite' looks weird to my old world eyes. 

So do Love Hearts for every single song I've ever felt the need to jot down...

angelx644
Music Fan

With this change there is no longer a way to Thumbs Up songs for a playlist, you either love it account wide or not at all. You can now only personalize playlists by removing what you don't like. There is no asking for more of what you do like

overstre83

This was a terrifically bad idea, people.

[clicks on Amazon Music desktop player]

jedi_alex
Casual Listener

The OP stated the issue well; the + and 'check' symbols are already functioning perfectly well. If I want to put a heart on everything, I'll go to Instagram. Please change this back asap. I literally came to the Spotify community just to find out more about this unnecessary change to a service I already enjoy.

almostgfx
Casual Listener

Agreed. Massively annoyed this went as I would love to press play and shuffle all the music. I don’t want to have to go back and love love everything for it to be in a list. Just add it as well as the new feature.. 

ChrisAbra

It's also merged in songs that are liked while using the Radio. That doesn't make any sense and is a pretty substantial change to drop without actually mentioning it.