[All Platforms][Your Music] New Update Issues

I never expected to have to post this but the new Spotify update has outraged me so much I'm forced to bring my issues up here, in the hope that Spotify will do something about it. 

The new update has done nothing but send the app (both desktop and mobile) backwards and has just become less accessible as it no longer works in the way you expect a music player to do so.

Firstly, no longer being able to view your saved library songs by artists is something that baffles me. I've always got to the music I want to listen to this way and it was a great way to shuffle all saved songs of one particular artist. Now you choose which artists to follow and that only takes you through to the artist page. 

Also now when you save an album to your library you can only access them through the albums section. All the songs within the album aren't added to the song section. Like, seriously. You save the album, but not the very songs that make up the album. Therefore if you want to access the album in both places you have to save it as an album, then save each song individually as well.

Don't fret though as the albums you saved before the update are still in both sections. But, wait... If you want to remove one of those albums from you library, the songs will remain and you are left to remove each one individually. Lovely.

This is all before I've got to the specific issues with the mobile app (for me Android). Another side-effect of the change to artists in your library you can no longer download all the saved music you have under a specific artists. So you have to download each album/song. It's also really hard to navigate to specific albums/songs you have downloaded - so there's that as well. 

Want to filter your library down so you can get to exaclty what you listen to? Well you can't do that any more. 

As much as I've ranted in this I really just want the old Spotify back. I used to use it everyday without fail: in work, at home, on the move. All the artists, albums and songs I love so much all easy to access on the app. I've been more reluctant to use it recently as it's just not accessible any more. It seems it's been angled more for those who create and listen to playlists - which is not everyone. 

For the first time ever I started to look at what other options I have available in terms of accssing and playing music. I really hope I don't have to move elsewhere and that Spotify sort this out soon. 

Updated on 2019-06-04

Hey there @JoelSleet,

Thanks for your ideas, and I'm sorry to hear that you aren't enjoying the recent updates to Spotify. To help keep the Ideas Exchange organised, Spotify asks that Idea Submission only has one Idea in it. If you're still passionate about these, I encourage you have a look and see if the idea has already been submitted, and if not, submit it yo....

Comments
Sashadog1
Exactly! The new Spotify is narrowly focused to accomodate those who create playlists, which as you say, is not everyone. What I loved about the old Spotify is that it (among other very good options) gave me a Favorites mix which combined ALL my genres in sequences that I'd never imagined, with transitions between songs of different genres that often flowed with astounding smoothness. It allowed me to enjoy music (with sweet surprise) the way I love it, as music, not compartmentalized by genre. To Spotify: thanks for spoiling a wonderful thing, guys. I will sadly have to start looking for another music service on which to spend my money, as I doubt you will restore the Favorites Mix function. But if you do, I'll be yours 'til the day I die.
Sashadog1
I agree. They've made it narrowly focused to accomodate those who make their own playlists. I loved Spotify for the wonderful Favorites mix, which smoothly combined all my genres in surprising ways. Now it's gone. Soon me and my money will be gone too.
H_Omnipotent
Casual Listener

This reorganization is meant to give a more social scale to Spotify by making it like youtube or Facebook and having people to subscribe to channel. But instead of giving to the user the opportunity to use the app as they want, they force it to bear with the new structure by destroying good old Your Library.

They must be a way to fullfilled both wishes of users and artists.

eqdhfj_-q0r7r

I absolutely hate this new look! It's so confusing! 

stevevanpelt

Yes- 100 percent agree. One more thing I'd like to point out is that it is now impossible to save your whole "Library" as I've done to conserve data. I had my library (the "songs" list) set to download all. The new update makes it impossible- I can't download all albums or artists. I also can't heart albums so they appear in the liked songs playlist- which took the place of the "songs" folder. So the only solution is to either heart every single song in an album go get it to download, or click "download" on every single album, THEN navigate the maze to that specific album in the albums tab (cause of course the artist doesn't show up under artists tab) and play that specific album. I use Android auto every day and play through all my songs on shuffle or in order. And this update just killed that. It's not realistic or safe to navigate to specific albums while driving. I've been listening to my songs list for years.

Horrible "update". Please change back. Im very close to ending my premium membership with the current state of things. It seems like a strategic move- I would guess that similar to Pandora, there are certain play methods and storage methods that cost Spotify less per song. It's ridiculous how inaccessible this new update makes the music I have saved. I am Igetting so much less value for my money. I can't think of a reason for this change other than to save the company money.

ssmit2015

This update is garbage!  Change it back!!!!!

Sashadog1
Yes! If we wanted Spotify to be like other platforms, we would spend all
our time on those other platforms.
Sashadog1
I agree.
Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2019-06-04

Hey there @JoelSleet,

Thanks for your ideas, and I'm sorry to hear that you aren't enjoying the recent updates to Spotify. To help keep the Ideas Exchange organised, Spotify asks that Idea Submission only has one Idea in it. If you're still passionate about these, I encourage you have a look and see if the idea has already been submitted, and if not, submit it yo....