[All Platforms][Your Music] New Update Issues

I never expected to have to post this but the new Spotify update has outraged me so much I'm forced to bring my issues up here, in the hope that Spotify will do something about it. 

The new update has done nothing but send the app (both desktop and mobile) backwards and has just become less accessible as it no longer works in the way you expect a music player to do so.

Firstly, no longer being able to view your saved library songs by artists is something that baffles me. I've always got to the music I want to listen to this way and it was a great way to shuffle all saved songs of one particular artist. Now you choose which artists to follow and that only takes you through to the artist page. 

Also now when you save an album to your library you can only access them through the albums section. All the songs within the album aren't added to the song section. Like, seriously. You save the album, but not the very songs that make up the album. Therefore if you want to access the album in both places you have to save it as an album, then save each song individually as well.

Don't fret though as the albums you saved before the update are still in both sections. But, wait... If you want to remove one of those albums from you library, the songs will remain and you are left to remove each one individually. Lovely.

This is all before I've got to the specific issues with the mobile app (for me Android). Another side-effect of the change to artists in your library you can no longer download all the saved music you have under a specific artists. So you have to download each album/song. It's also really hard to navigate to specific albums/songs you have downloaded - so there's that as well. 

Want to filter your library down so you can get to exaclty what you listen to? Well you can't do that any more. 

As much as I've ranted in this I really just want the old Spotify back. I used to use it everyday without fail: in work, at home, on the move. All the artists, albums and songs I love so much all easy to access on the app. I've been more reluctant to use it recently as it's just not accessible any more. It seems it's been angled more for those who create and listen to playlists - which is not everyone. 

For the first time ever I started to look at what other options I have available in terms of accssing and playing music. I really hope I don't have to move elsewhere and that Spotify sort this out soon. 

Updated on 2019-06-04

Hey there @JoelSleet,

Thanks for your ideas, and I'm sorry to hear that you aren't enjoying the recent updates to Spotify. To help keep the Ideas Exchange organised, Spotify asks that Idea Submission only has one Idea in it. If you're still passionate about these, I encourage you have a look and see if the idea has already been submitted, and if not, submit it yo....

Comments
Oleandir

Also, all my previously downloaded songs are marked as 'liked'. that's handy, i thought, i can just download my liked songs

can i find my liked songs? can i **bleep**

im gonna have to go and search for how to find my collection of liked songs in the forums... if it even exists ... i wouldn't be surprised if the like function literally did nothing at this point

coffeecrazy98
Regular

""Also now when you save an album to your library you can only access them through the albums section. All the songs within the album aren't added to the song section""

--THIS IS GREAT & Im glad they've done this!!!! I've been ranting on this for a long time....it's about time they gave the option of saving an album to album ONLY & not include every song in the 'songs' section...I've had to have multiple playlists to accomplish this

I agree. The most frustrating thing about the new update is that when I go to my saved albums it shows THE ENTIRE album even if I only saved 3 songs from the album. I don’t want to have to pick through an entire album in my library to figure out which 3 songs are the ones that I saved when all I want to listen to is just the 3 songs that I saved from the album, not the entire album! The other thing that really frustrates me is that the queue doesn’t show the numbers of songs added. I need to be able to see the number of songs without going into the queue and counting them all. 

DMasterson

I can only echo what the original poster and others have said. I cannot comprehend why making it more difficult userface for your customers would be a good thing. My partner is actualy still on the old layout, bring it back! If you are going to use your paying customers as guinea pigs, at least give them the option of testing...and listen to their feedback. 

Valdameer

100% agree, i've cancelled my subscription until they make their applications usable again

FrankieShaw

I totally agree! I thought it was some strange bug- it truly baffles me that Spotify would do this. Wish I hadn't updated the app and left it on the old layout. Please fix this asap otherwise I'm leaving after 6 years!

Rock Star 13
Rock Star 13

Have read your comments very carefully.

You've come up with some good points.

bran_0404
Casual Listener

Yeah if this**bleep** with entire albums being saved isnt changed back soon I'm cancelling. It's made the app just utterly unusable for me, as my primary method of browing my library is by scrolling through albums. Mind-bogglingly terrible design choice.

80teeth

I agree with everything said here! I also for the first time started looking at alternative programs. Why they would mess up their platform in a way that looks the same but is way less functional is beyond me. It's been really pissing me off a lot these past months.

kitr

The monthly reviews of ideas usually comes out the first Friday of each month.  Posts about dissatisfaction with the latest update started in mid-March and was marked as a new idea the first Friday of April.  It's now the 20th of May and a review of the April's suggestions has not been posted.  Tom! it seems you are falling behind here buddy.  Please tell us if this will be fixed.  If it's not to be fixed, than I am dying of curiosity as to the logic used to decide on this unpopular update.  Did all the recording companies get together and say "you better make them like us?" Or perhaps you thought we had become to complacent and did not appreciate how well Spotify worked and decided to show us just how bad it could be?  An explanation won't keep me from canceling my premium subscription but it would satisfymy morbid curiousity.