[All Platforms][Your Music] Play Entire Artist Discography

Let users queue an artist's entire discography in chronological order by tapping one button.

It'd be nice for experiencing an artist's entire catalog and their place in music history, or just more convienent than manually queueing albums for long listening sessions.

For example: I have a list of artists I want to listen to in order to get a better understanding of music. Navigating to "The Beatles" and selecting discography mode would let me queue everything in chronological order regardless of type (single, album, etc.).

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2017-09-24

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2016-09-21

Marked as new idea. This is a repost of the following inactive idea.

Regular

I read another idea that had somewhat the same idea. It was sitting around 40 Kudos and Spotify (auto poster or something) say that since it didn't receive 50 kudos, it wouldn't be submitted.

Because Spotify needs 50 Kudos to add a sort feature that would allow us to seemlessly binge our favorite artists without having to put their discography into a playlist, each and every **bleep**ing time?

Seriously, fellow Spotifiers, help this idea out. It's almost there.

If I want to hear Led Zeppelin III, and I want to keep going while I'm working, I don't want to hear Zeppelin II next. Nothing against Whole Lotta Love, but the next thing I want to hear is Black Dog, the first song on ZOSO (Zeppelin IV). Then, when ZOSO is done, the next song I want to hear is, The Song Remains the Same, the first song on the fifth album, "House of the Holy."

And if I start a new artist, I don't want to go backwards. I want to start with their first song and go foward. 

Sorted by original release date. C'mon guys, don't let us down. Help vote this one up.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2017-09-24

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!