[All Platforms][Your Music] Purchase Music in Spotify That’s Not Available for Streaming

Spotify is still the best streaming service, in my opinion. It is more personal, customizable, has a surperior app interface, connects to many devices (such as Alexa, which is huge) without your phone, can be accessed anywhere without downloading if you want to use the site, and is more user friendly than Apple Music. However, back when Beyonce’s “Lemonade” album came out, I switched to Apple music in spite of all of that so I could stream the album from my library along with other steaming songs once I purchased it. I tried to keep using Spotify with just Lemonade in my iTunes library for awhile, however you only support local files, making it impossible to stream if it’s not downloaded to that device, which is what got me to switch after all.

Lemonade is not the only album like that. I’m proposing a way to purchase music within Spotify rather than the iTunes/ local file thing. This lack of content is really setting Spotify back. I’d gladly make a one time purchase in Spotify of Lemonade and other albums or songs that aren’t streamable. Those would be in your library to play on demand, regardless of subscription status.

I feel like you could have a lot more subscribers and customers if this were an option, and it’d support the artists who prefer purchases to streaming. Not everyone would do it, but it would be nice to have it as an option. That being said, one album can make or break a subscriber like me, who's favorite artist is not entirely on Spotify. 

Thanks,

Olivia

Updated on 2018-12-09

Hey @ohlael

A similar idea has also been suggested here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Music-Buy-amp-download-as-MP3s/idi-p/273512

Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

0 Likes
Comments
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2018-12-09

Hey @ohlael

A similar idea has also been suggested here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Music-Buy-amp-download-as-MP3s/idi-p/273512

Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂