[All Platforms] ability to view to view spotify user's library added songs

Hi there, I was wondering if you guys think it would be a good idea where you can add a feature where there can be a feature or a playlist where your followers can see every + songs in your library on your spotify public profile. Because I have always been so curious of what kind of music my followers and follwings love to listen to.

Updated on 2018-04-24

Hey everyone :waving_hand:

As @Soundofus said, there is already a feature that allows users to share music if they would like to, the ability to view all songs in a users profile would be a breach of privacy.

If you would like to know how to make playlists public check this article out.

Related Ideas

Comments
amysmart1997

yeah i have always wanted to know what kind of music have in thier library so that i can see if we have the same taste interest

Tom__
Community Legend
Status changed to: Need more information

Updated on 2018-03-26

Hey @imanmazhar62,

Thaks for the idea! I just have a couple of questions first.

If someone creates a Playlist and they set it to Public, you can see that, but I know this is 100% what you want.

There is a third-party method called last.fm where you can see "scrobbles" of what songs people are listening too. Could you confirm that you would like something such as last.fm but in Spotify itself?

-Tom

imanmazhar62
Music Fan

Well I don’t know anything about last.fm but what I am saying is that I think it would be a good idea if there was a way to view Spotify user’s library songs. Like every song in they added in their music library

Rock Star 18
Rock Star 18

@imanmazhar62 @Tom__

That's totally against respect of privacy. If people want you to see their playlists, they have the option to make it public. All what is not public has to be considered as private.

So, this option will never exist. With the Friends feed, you can already see what people, you are following, listen, if they are not in private session.

So, the only thing to do is follow a playlist you like, for having it visible in your library.

The only thing I would agree with is the return of what was existing several years ago, but has been removed. I mean a blue dot appearing, next the title of the playlists your are following (in the left column of the desktop version), indicating that new songs have been added.

Tom__
Community Legend
Status changed to: Not Implementable

Updated on 2018-04-24

Hey everyone :waving_hand:

As @Soundofus said, there is already a feature that allows users to share music if they would like to, the ability to view all songs in a users profile would be a breach of privacy.

If you would like to know how to make playlists public check this article out.