[All Plattforms] Child mode / Spotify jr. UX

When I was a kid I had this Fisher-Price turntable. My niece has a childproof CD-player. There are some limited child-proof MP3 players on the market,  but there is no kid-friendly streaming player. My kids (5 and 3 year old) always listen to songs on Spotify but need their parents (me) to DJ for them.

My kids (and I! :-)) would really appreciate a kid-friendly interface.

Basic idea: a parent creates a playlist from their library and get the option to play it in 'Spotify jr. mode'. Then the parent hands over the tablet to the kids so they can: A. browse the visual playlist, B. pick a song from that playlist, C. skip a song, return to the previous song or browse for a next song. There's a double click system (click once to pick, a second time to play) so they can monkey around browsing without starting (and skipping) a song by mistake. The interface should have big buttons so the motoric skills needed are limited.

I made a (real quick) sketch below. I did forget to add a pauze button. This could be an extra for family-memberships, I'll be happy to upgrade :-).IMG_20170519_214235.jpgSteps A and B

IMG_20170519_214247.jpgStep C

edit 05/22: corrected some typo's

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-05-14

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
Rachel67

Or, you don't want explicit content viewable in browse or Spotify mixes, Spotify Jr. would be good. Young kids explore Spotify, without knowing that some popular music that Spotify makes playlists for is a bad influence because of how crude the lyrics are. 

barleybarn

There is a YouTube Jr. now that filters out more adult content and gives kids a simpler, safer interface.

I have Spotify Family and my kids 12 and 7 love it, but I have to keep a very close eye on 7yo daughter's playlists because she can add explicit songs.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-05-14

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!