[All platforms][Your Library] Confirm before removing liked song

Reposting this idea as it hasn't been reposted yet since it closed:
[Your Library] Confirm to Delete/dislike or an Und... - Page 3 - The Spotify Community

Its too easy to accidentally remove a Liked Song. Re-liking is not enough because the "Date added" resets and all chronology is lost. 

I've unfortunately burned myself multiple times by accidentally removing Liked Songs because of the misleading affordances.

Here are 4 free potential solutions:

• Invoke a simple dialogue that says "Are you sure?" when removing a song
  • Allow Liked Songs to be ordered in a freeform way, like playlists
  • Introduce more friction to removing a Liked Song in contexts that are not the Liked Song (e.g. in the context of a playlist, put "Remove from this playlist" ABOVE "Remove from your Liked Songs")
  • Make "Date Added" an editable field 

Removing a Liked Song is a destructive and irreversible action. Please acknowledge and respect this in the UI. Chronology matters.

I'm upset that this topic has been closed multiple times because it didn't garner enough votes. This is not a feature or an idea, it's a basic and critical guardrail that is culpably missing from the existing experience and has literally brought me to tears lol

Updated on 2021-10-07

We’re going to close this as a duplicate since there's an existing idea that is still open for voting. Please keep adding your votes and comments there, that helps to keep things tidy!

Note that even if a suggestion didn't gather enough votes in order to get prioritized right now, it can still be upvoted and we'll look into it once the idea reaches the required amount of votes. 

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Xenia
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-10-07

We’re going to close this as a duplicate since there's an existing idea that is still open for voting. Please keep adding your votes and comments there, that helps to keep things tidy!

Note that even if a suggestion didn't gather enough votes in order to get prioritized right now, it can still be upvoted and we'll look into it once the idea reaches the required amount of votes. 

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.