Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ability to select and copy artist, album and song title as text

Especially useful for non-English titles, but give the option to select and copy the artist, album or title of a song as text. 

Updated on 2023-05-01

Hey! It looks like your suggestion is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Jeremy
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-04-07

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

upsfeup

Not being able to copy text is also a very bad from the usability point of view. This is a must have to properly interact with an app.

everydaymsuic

For anyone who listens to music in any language apart from English - this is a must have! I can't believe they feel this is a "feature" and not just a bug. Why block text selection and make a walled garden? In today's day and age information should flow freely. I may want to look up an artist, read more about them, do zillions of other things that I am now restricted to until I can actually type it out. If I listen to a song in Russian or Japanese with some non-English alphabet, it is nearly impossible to do it without a very round-about way.
I don't think this is something only "power-users" would need.

Mihail

Updated on 2021-05-15

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Cheers!

Luan
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-06-26

Hey there @jshn245,

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of votes necessary to get prioritized at this time.

For that reason, we'll be closing this now, but folks can still add their votes and comments in order to support it.

We’ll continue to monitor this idea and will update it, once it gets the required votes.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

Luan

Updated on 2021-07-07

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion!

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.

IceViking

It is very useful to be able to copy the song title or the artist name, or any similar kind of text, in the spotify desktop client.

Currently the client makes this impossible, I've looked everywhere, and it's not possible to copy any of this text. Not even when launching spotify in the web browser!

I listen to a lot of asian music that has different characters than latin ones so rewriting those characters with a latin keyboard is not possible for me. Being able to copy those characters and paste into search engine like youtube for videos, google for other entries, or social media, is very beneficial.

AT LEAST make it possible in "Show credits" when right clicking on song! plzzz...

Joveio

I want to copy title and artist name of a song. Because I reach its lyrics and/or translate lyrics in my language.

Alex

Updated on 2021-09-25

Hello @Joveio,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

Cheers!

Luan

Updated on 2021-12-24

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos yet. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to continue sharing it to get more kudos. Folks can still add their votes and comments in order to support it.

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.