Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ability to select and copy artist, album and song title as text

Especially useful for non-English titles, but give the option to select and copy the artist, album or title of a song as text. 

Updated on 2023-05-01

Hey! It looks like your suggestion is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
mgm-sk

please add copy text in spotify, because I DONT UNDERSTAND CHINESE SYMBOLS and I CANNOT WRITE CHINESE SYMBOLS on my phone SO HOW CAN I SEARCH FOR any SONG  ??!!!!!.

Arikabeth

Make it possible to copy track names, artist names, albums names, playlist names, playlist descriptions, profile names, text from "show credits", release date and labels of album releases.

Some of this text may be accessed through some third-party sites like skiley.net, but that's a needelss extra step, in addition to not allowing access to all the aforementioned text (like labels, release data, profile names and text from "show credits").

coffeysarahn

I would love to be able to export something into Excel with all my Spotify data

Luan
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2022-01-20

Hey! Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization.
As such, we're marking this case as closed. This includes any similar suggestions that are received.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More information about it can be found here.

Fanaddict15

All right how many votes does this need? let's reopen it and just post a link on sms so we can get this fixed because I'm super annoyed about this today. 😅

namyal

Bumping this topic in hopes it will reopen. It is so difficult to explore music in foreign languages.

TheOddOnion

I think it would be useful to have the option to copy the song title. This would be especially useful for non-English speaking songs, that I happen to listen to a lot. Or songs that do not use standard English characters in general.  On the computer version, it could be put in:

Share>Copy song link>Copy song title

Or

Share>Copy song title

thelonemoon

Please enable copying text! I listen to songs in a foreign language and have no idea how to type it. If I can simply copy the artist name or song title, it would be so nice.

kenjiru_ro

Can't understand how this could get closed, it's such a basic feature.

stephastro

its absolutely infuriating this isnt a feature. it's so simple. i have to jump through hoops to find a japanese song on youtube that i had no idea how to read or write.