[Amazon Echo] Last.fm Scrobbling

I listen to Spotify via Amazon Alexa, and I have been a loyal Last.FM user for over 10 years, unfortunately there is currently no way to "scrobble" tracks played via spotify via amazon echo.

Back in the day, Rdio implemented scrobbling to Last.FM on the server side, meaning, rather than letting the client handle scrobbling, the scrobbling was handled universally by the server whenever you played a track so didn't have to have a scrobbler installed on every client.  This would be a useful potential approach, either that or a dedicated option to turn on scrobbling for tracks played from an Echo.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2016-07-05

Marked as new idea.

jeremyejackson

Yes please! 

djkenmasters

I am currently scrobbling songs played with my Echo, Dot and Tap (spotify, pandora, amazon, doesn't matter).

How I am doing this is a bit of a hack, but it works! It involves running a Tampermonkey script in Chrome, and then having a permanent tab opened up to http://alexa.amazon.com/spa/index.html

Essentially I just grab the now playing info from the website, and scrobble to last.fm.

I can post tampermonkey script (I am NOT a programmer) on github if others think this would be useful.

rabidog

ME TOO!

I rely on my scrobbles to get concert notifications and I've missed some good **bleep**. Thanks, Echo!

Danelf
Casual Listener

Agreed, really need this feature.

Danelf
Casual Listener

I'd just like to update this: it seems as if the Echo now scrobbles to last.fm using your spotify account settings. I think something changed on Spotify's side of things because now the browser client is also scrobbling properly. 

rabidog
That would be AWESOME! I'm on a long trip right now, but I'll check this
out the moment I'm home. Thanks so much for reporting this! :)
werewegian

Is this working for anyone? I just got an Alexa device and signed up to Premium tonight because I wanted to keep scrobbling. Without the scrobbles I could just play my purchased Amazon songs for free. Have I just wasted my sign-up fee?

Danelf
Casual Listener

It was working for me for a while but not anymore it seems? Confusing...

jonathanherdt
Music Fan

I'd like that, too. Actually, I'd like it even better if Last.fm scrobbling would just work after I signed in once from any device. Hope they'll implement some way for us to scrobble from our Echos.