[Android Auto] Show Podcast in Menu

It would be nice if the podcasts menu item would be directly accessible from Android Auto.
At the moment I have to start a podcast beforehand to connecting the phone. After connecting there seems no chance to start podcasts.

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
user-removed
Not applicable

Any updates on this? This is a must!! Only reason I chose Spotify over google play music were the podcasts and I can't listen to them in my car... 

Ddmorris1971

Please fix. I love Spotify however, I want a one stop solution for my listening entertainment needs. I do not want to cancel my family share plan and go with Google Music. Please help me stay with you as a long term satisfied customer. Please add podcast navigation category to Android auto so your dedicated premium customers can utilize the Android auto interface to select and listen to our podcasts. Thank you.

Ddmorris1971

Really. Please do this. Otherwise I'll use my phone while driving and defeat the safety feature of android auto... 

pauln90
Casual Listener

Please fix this. Listening to podcasts in the car is the ideally place to catch up on episodes. The lack of this basic feature really devalues the usefulness of Spotify to me. I will consider cancelling my subscription and moving to another product if they offer this feature. It's that important.

jessestraus1

With the prevalence of the podcasts using Spotify as a core means of distribution this is a huge reason for me to continue using the Spotify app. I currently use Stitcher as it's the only major podcast app that has Android Auto functionality... but it's  full of glitches and I would much prefer to access my podcasts via my premium spotify account.

Simon1602

Any news....bit of a no brainer tbh 😁

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!