[Android] Bring back important/basic features!

For me it seems like every time I update the app, some basic features are missing or not working as before. Thats why I want to collect all my major points in this post, so that maybe those features will come back in the future:

- The menu bar at the bottom of the app no longer features the Radio function, from where you can easily access all your played radio stations, whether from a specific song, a playlist or whatever. Please bring it back! The current way is not as easy as it was before.

- If you want to search for a song within any playlist, regardless if its your own or not, this is no longer possible the way we know. Currently we have to click on the three dots in the top right corner to open a new menu, select there "Search in Playlist" and after that, start typing in what we want to search. This is as bad as it can get! Please bring back the old search function where you just have to scroll at the top and select "Search"!

- If Spotify developers/managers want to change/delete basic features of the app, which were there since the beginning of it, there should be an option to say: NO, I want the old system/feature back. For example create an option in the settings to switch between new feature/design and old one. 

- If you navigate to any playlist and search for an artist who has some songs in it, you should be able to play just the displayed songs. No matter if you use shuffle or not. Only the songs which are displayed with this search/filter should be played. At the moment this is not working because every time the whole playlist will be played.

Updated on 2018-12-09

Hey @user-removed

It's better to post each suggestion in it's separate thread. That way, users can vote on each one of your ideas.

Just be sure to check out if the idea is already there. If it's not, submit it after reading the idea submission guidelines.

In the meantime, similar ideas have also been suggested here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Android-Playlists-Bring-Back-Mobile-Playlist-Sorting/idc-p/4624800

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Stop-removing-functionality-instead-give-us-the-option/idi-p/1145822 

If possible, please vote for them, and add a comment there, so they may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board work, click here. :)

Comments
dark4codrutz
Casual Listener

I mostly agree with you, even tho I see some of the points you made non fiseable. 

On the sorting / searching feature I found myself a bit frustrated thinking it was gone. This kind of changes I believe should be staged, as in the past we've seen functionality modifications opted in and after a while opted out. This creates confusion and an unpleasant UX. This is why beta channels exists, for apps undergoing changes to test them before bringing to stable channel therefor avoiding oping in and out dance. 

Spotify apperently doesn't bother and do their feature UX tests on stable channel, as there is no beta available (at least through Play Store).

I'm going to start a new idea for a beta channel, if there is not one already opened. 

charcharbeans

I have never felt compelled to seek out another music app option until I opened Spotify the other day and discovered the filter in playlist option was gone.  What is really infuriating is, they have the exact same search/filter option the the Playlists menu but took it away in the actual playlist.  I was certain it was a mistake until it was confirmed here.  I am furious and will likely cancel if the feature isn't brought back in a timely manner.  Why would you think it is useful in one menu and not also in a similar menu.  It is even more crucial inside the playlist itself.  This is some embarrassing buffoonery on Spotifys part.  Seriously, who approved this?  Certainly not I, the end user and person who pays for the service.  At least give us the option to have it or not have it.  Do you even use this app that you develop?

Malik1412
Casual Listener

I really want this feature to return, its a feature i used everyday as a music addict

- If you want to search for a song within any playlist, regardless if its your own or not, this is no longer possible the way we know. Currently we have to click on the three dots in the top right corner to open a new menu, select there "Search in Playlist" and after that, start typing in what we want to search. This is as bad as it can get! Please bring back the old search function where you just have to scroll at the top and select "Search"!

Rock Star 10
Rock Star 10

Hello there! I'd recommend you create separate ideas for each of your suggestions. That way, it's easier for users and for Spotify to decide on them. Thanks!

Malik1412
Casual Listener

I hope mine get many vote for the reimplementation of the filter/search bar

Rock Star 10
Rock Star 10

I agree @Malik1412. You can also check out this idea to bring back the filter feature to the top of the playlist.

user-removed
Not applicable

Hello guys, I've voted up for all your points because they are also very similar to mine. Lets just support each other with those votes so that the devs hopefully change those features in the future.

For me it's so strange why they even think removing basic features is a good idea or to make things more complicated by hiding simple options (Search bar at the top of a paylist and so on) in a confusing menu.

I think that the people who decide to make those changes never have used the app, because otherwise they would tell the devs not to programm this stuff...

Rock Star 10
Rock Star 10

Hello @user-removed! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with the Community. 

Spotify takes into account lots of factors before implementing a feature. Rest assured that the teams backstage are always doing their best to provide us with the best experience. However, their users' feedback is what makes Spotify such a great platform. Spotify appreciates your feedback a lot and you can let them know what your thoughts are in our Community Ideas Exchange. Make sure to add your votes and comments to this idea and hopefully they'll consider bringing this feature back.

Have a nice day :)

estufados

It would be nice to have back the search bar it was really useful and easy. Now you gotta do more movements before you can search a song which can be very annoying...

hyarrostar

I agree. 

Also I would like to have another option to queue songs.  Imagine a fast queue, instead of clicking on the song and hold in order to get the menu up where you find the queue function. You could just click on the "fast queue button" that would be to the right next to the song you wish to queue.

It could be something that you would have to activate in the options if you would like to have that function.

Anyone else think that would be nice?