[Android][Browse] See all songs by artist

Often, I need to find a specific song by an artist and it would be way more easy to find the artist, and then scroll for all songs. Unfortunately, you can't do that in the app. You must manually plow through all albums, which could be rather tedious if the artist has many albums.

Updated on 2019-08-30

Hello!

Thanks for bringing your suggestions to the Community. However, a similar idea has already been suggested here. Make sure to add your votes and comments there. 

You can find more info on how the Ideas Exchange is managed here.

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 4
Rock Star 4

Hi,

Did you know you can search, filter and sort by swiping down?

Regards,

René

PeterLindgren
Casual Listener

No, swiping down does nothing on the Android app. 

Rock Star 4
Rock Star 4

Hi,

You are right. Searching  in your liked songs for an artist won't do?

Regards,

René

PeterLindgren
Casual Listener

Hi, no, this is for example when you remember an old song but you can't quite remember the song title, and even less you have no idea on which album it was released.

Rock Star 4
Rock Star 4

But it is in your liked songs? So why won't searching for artist not work then in liked songs? 

For example I want to find a song of blur I like, I can search for blur in my liked songs.

Regards,

René

PeterLindgren
Casual Listener

Sorry for the confusion, I'm talking about a random artist you look up from memory lane, or from radio like "didn't she also sing that song "what's-the-name-you-know-it-goes-like-..." so you've never liked the artist and don't want to add the artist to your playlists, but you want to play a particular song just to remember or to play for others. And you certainly don't want to interrupt the current song playing by starting to play a random shuffled song from this artist just to be able to browse all songs by the artist.

Rock Star 4
Rock Star 4

I think I sill don't get it.

Ok, so it's not on your liked songs. The only thing you know is the artist? Then why not search for the artist, then click the artist and you will get to the artist page.

The song you were playing will keep on playing.

Regards,

René

PeterLindgren
Casual Listener

Yes, I search for the artist, and now that I'm on the artist page, I want to see all songs by that artist. I don't know which album the song is released on, and I recognize the song when I see the title, thus I can't search for the title either. Hence, it's easier to browse through all songs than one album at a time (first you have to tap "All albums" then browse each album).

Rock Star 4
Rock Star 4

Ok, finally I see what you mean, thank you for explaining.

Would this work for you:

Search: artist:blur

Next choose: show all songs.

Regards,

René

PeterLindgren
Casual Listener

Yes, that would be great!

Thanks!