[Android] Choose Download Folder

Since the last update it's not possible anymore to choose where to save the files (Downloaded Playlists) in the Android app. I have two SD cards in my phone and I NEED to use the big one to save huge amounts of spotify music. Unfortunately this feature is not available anymore? This doesn't make sense at all to me!

Please re-implement it in the next update.

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-15

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
user-removed
Not applicable

It would be good if we could manage the external and internal sd card's at the same time using spotify. 

isengard412

I would like to have the possibility to chose where I want to save the downloaded music on my android smartphone because I have 16GB of internal space (which is also used my many other apps) and a large microSD which I bought to save alle the media on. With other MediaPlayer Apps (for example DoubleTwist) this works excellent.

rossblandon

Seriously, this needs to be fixed urgently! Cancelling my plan until it does. It's no use to me without being able to save to extSD!

money4me247

i agree. i will not be paying for spotify until this is fixed!!

user-removed
Not applicable

Kudos added.  Any chance of an update?  I'm a developer myself so understand how things that seem simple from the outside can be fiendishly difficult to implement.  Just some reassurance that this will happen would be nice.

Ronobe81

Because the songs take up so memory we can only use them for a month by month it's only fair since it takes up so much memory to download the songs that we have an option to download them in your SD card that this option isn't available it's not right because it ate so much memory up that's crazy! Moreover, that this option isn't available for paying customers that's not right I mean it's all about convenience LOL therefore I challenge Spotify to figure out other options so that it it would be convenient for for everyone internal memory on a phone is crucial that's the reason why they created SD cards

Ronobe81
Spoiler
Spoiler
Surely there must be a way that we can download the songs to an SD card instead of storing it in your internal memory on your phone or if that's the case we are paying for a service so why don't you people at Spotify store it and we just use it when we tap your app that your app opens up and the songs are available offline, I mean apps run offline and they don't have to be online! so when the song is being downloaded they should be downloaded into that app you guys come up with a music player that would play your own music offline I mean after all we're paying for it so therefore it is not like we're not paying the developer to write the code or design them a music player that would store your songs, since we don't have access to this service month by month,

@user-removed wrote:

Since the last update it's not possible anymore to choose where to save the files (Downloaded Playlists) in the Android app. I have two SD cards in my phone and I NEED to use the big one to save huge amounts of spotify music. Unfortunately this feature is not available anymore? This doesn't make sense at all to me!

Please re-implement it in the next update.

anyway just disable the app if someone don't pay the bill and as long as the bill keeps being paid you know it's like a pay-as-you-go on a cellphone sure you guys are creative that you can come up with something that would solve this problemI

McvW

I bought an SD card especially for Spotify memory, but everytime a Spotify update somehow clears my entire cache it redownloads on my phone instead of my SD. Then my phone crashes because it's full, while there's 32GB of free space on my SD. A few years ago we could decide within the app where to store all the data. Why did you even remove that option?

Ronobe81
They have that option available in settings. Well at least they do in my
spotty app. Check the settings
Brigden

If I didn't want to be able to use an sd card for spotify i would have bought an iPhone. Bring back this feature. It's a simple fix yet you are ignoring the outcry.