[Android] Choose Download Folder

Since the last update it's not possible anymore to choose where to save the files (Downloaded Playlists) in the Android app. I have two SD cards in my phone and I NEED to use the big one to save huge amounts of spotify music. Unfortunately this feature is not available anymore? This doesn't make sense at all to me!

Please re-implement it in the next update.

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-15

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
Alexis
Casual Listener

Please make an update with a proper fix for the SD-card problems once and for all. It really sucks spending money on a SD-card when it doesn't work properly. Now it's just a mess with different guides throughout the internet.  

bradavon
Roadie

This is the ideas and feedback forum, which is probably why you're being ignored :-).

user-removed
Not applicable

It would be good if we could manage the external and internal sd card's at the same time using spotify. 

rossblandon

Seriously, this needs to be fixed urgently! Cancelling my plan until it does. It's no use to me without being able to save to extSD!

money4me247

i agree. i will not be paying for spotify until this is fixed!!

Rorey
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: Watch this space

As of the Android 0.5.12 release, your data will be stored in the most efficient location on your phone/device.

To get this to work the first time you may just have to use the new 'delete cache' option in the settings and relaunch the app.

user-removed
Not applicable

Good! Too bad it got even removed! However this time it would be great if it could be found easier.

However, I already turned my back on Spotify and I'm not coming back. I don't like the way you remove features as you like and don't implement some essential ones! I spend my money now on classic mp3.

tim00001

I'm shocked that this isn't higher priority and hasn't been released earlier.  This is a very straightforward implementation and feature and for many devices, this is critical for people being able to use the features your product promises.  I'm starting to question the release priorities of the product...the pace of updates and features has been incredibly slow...I don't see how this isn't costing you the type of customers you want to keep.

Oer

there's no way you can add big playlists in extreme quality without an sd card. this needs to be brought back

ajuarbe123
Regular
Is a shame that this feature isn't on Android. When is the next update being released? I just switched from ios and spotify took way too long to update iphone and update apps