Announcements

Having trouble seeing your Wrapped stories? To fix this, update the Spotify app to the latest version.

Find more info on our community FAQ.

[Android] Gesture Support

I would like to have a better User Experience on the Android app. By example: On Deezer, while you are listening one song, you can do some gestures (swipe up, swipe bottom, etc.) to "minimize", "see the queue", "visit song's artist" and many others. It results so usefull because you have to do less work to acommplish some tasks and you can take advantage of those amazing functionalities provided by the OS.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Regards.

gestures_suggested_for_spotify_UX.png

Updated on 2021-05-20

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 500 votes in 18 months. You can read more about the idea process here.

Comments
schwarzteezippy

It's so sad to see Spotify continuously ignoring their user base, not just with this issue. I doubt that the people in management actually use the app themselves. As I hear about the competition getting the basics of a user-friendly UI right while Spotify's app only became messier over time, I'm seriously considering to cancel my subscription and move on. Sorry Spotify, I'd really like to stay, but you don't seem to care at all.

Harmonie

@schwarzteezippy

I'm on a Deezer HiFi plan. Deezer has the swipe up/down gestures for android. The app is very intuitive and I recommend you try it out 😉

Spotify clearly couldn't care less about their users, and I highly doubt that their app will be usable, and user friendly any time soon. As long as Spotify has the upper hand in the music streaming market, they are obviously not gonna care about what their customers want.

FredVB1

Please make this a high priority feature. I mean come on it's 2021 and we are still stuck with button and not gestures on android. I'm constantly switching between IOS and Android and this is so annoying.

Please this is necessary and a must have with these large phones.

kima09khiangte

This is a problem with every western owned company. Every people in the higher management use iPhone, they don't care about who can't afford or don't want to use iPhone at all. 

Harmonie

I wouldn't even buy apple products if I was a billionaire. Shaddiest company in existence, and their products are cheap **bleep** aswell. Overpriced worthless junk. I have a ROG Phone 2 which cost me more than 1'000 $ already, and is worth the purchase.

Apple that has removed the headphone jack, and made other companies follow their stupid ideas.

Apple that has removed the charger from it's current iphones. Now you have to buy the charger seperately, if you don't have one.

Seriously apple has the most clueless, naive customers, of any company in the world. Just people that are obsessed with them for no logical reason.

https://youtu.be/WVPM6D-3aZo

Ryan_is_chill

How do you update the app? Seriously!

Dev: "We added gestures to our latest version of Spotify"

Management: "Okay"

Dev: "But only for iOS"

Management: "And Android?"

Dev: "I'll do it later, no worries"

6 years later.....

Jacob
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2021-05-20

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 500 votes in 18 months. You can read more about the idea process here.

Abshormal

I think this seriously puts the user experience in jeopardy and should be solved ASAP!