[Android] Option to disable lockscreen album art

As the title says, wouldn't it be more beneficial for everybody if there was an option to enable/disable the lockscreen media album art? Those who like it would keep it enabled and those who don't, won't. I personally dislike the feature because I don't like seeing the album art every time I open my lock screen as I listen to music a lot.
It'd be awesome if Spotify would implement such a feature. I'd rather see my set lockscreen wallpaper than the album art of the music I'm listening to.
Screenshot_20170809-211658.jpg

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-08-15

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea again, in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2017-08-22

Marked as new idea.

Music Fan

Hahaha.. don't want to be leaving a fingerprint on that one 😄

**bleep** yes please. This is such pain, especially as some of the album covers are very ugly to look at, and it is almost the only thing I ever have to look at as I am always listening to Spotify. Please change this, please.

Casual Listener

bump.. No update? Spotify team?? 😕

Pretty please add the option to remove the lock screen artwork. Not only do I not want it there, it's often low-res, randomly placed and it makes the lock screen look darn ugly.

Casual Listener

Months and months have passed; Spotify is yet to give a darn!

Please implement this. I love the feature in general but some album art is inappropriate for work (NSFW-ish).

There are apps that already implement this option apparently, never used one though.

I know CyanogenMod (LineageOS) implements this on a system level (toggle is in the settings), and LineageOS is open source I think if you guys want to take a look, if it's helpful.

Yes please, the feature is irritating. It won't let me vote.

Just added my kudos -- still shocks me that a simple toggle has been suggested (and has failed to garner enough kudos) for years now

Please implement an option to remove the album art! I want to see my loved ones, not creepy strangers!

In the meantime, since this has been open for years, does anyone have any suggestions for alternative clients?