[Android][Other] Custom functions for long press and more

Dear Spotify team and community,

I've found a little error, before i get to the ideas: the plural form of "Album" in german is "Alben", not "Albums" ;)

I guess you can apply the ideas on all platforms but i dont know it because i just use spotify on android and rarely on windows.

1)

I'd like to suggest an option to set custom reactions for certain actions. For example i can choose the action "long press" and choose the function "sound preview" for this action. Or for "double-touch" i would choose "add to queue".

Examples of actions:

-double touch

-tripple touch

-long press

-swipe right

-/left

You guys are the experts, i'm sure you have some more ideas

Examples of reactions:

-sound preview

-add to queue

-add to playlist

-multiple selection

-don't ever show me this track/album/whatever again and dont even play it when its in a playlist (blacklist)

I know that the long press preview was removed because of the low engagement. But i think most people didnt even know about that. Like this everyone could choose his prefered actions and reactions. Maybe in advanced settings so the heavy users can profit. I mean they deserved it the most, right? :D

2)

Maybe you could make a popup like for new albums and stuff if you have new functions or generally to inform your clients what they can actually do. Maybe as a video or something, i dont know. But dont exaggerate it, you know what i mean :)

3)

I would like to have some advanced search options like when i like a track i'd like to find playlists where this specific track is on. This could be implemented in the menu that opens when you press the 3 dots on the side of a track. Btw these 3 dots would seem to 2-dimensional as the only option to open this menu if you decide to implement my 1st idea because the long press wouldnt work anymore (except if its chosen of course ;-)

A similar thing would be good for playlists or albums. If i like an album or a playlist i would like to see playlists that have similar tracks as these albums or playlists i like. A mentioning of same tracks in this specific search would be great.

If you like my ideas i will figure out some more.

Best regards

Pepip2

Updated on 2018-07-28

Hello there!

Thanks for the feedback, unfortunately we can only handle 1 specific feature request per topic, otherwise it's impossible to manage the received kudos / give the idea a proper status.

If you want to start a general feedback topic, that's great! But please use the respective help forum then. ;)

When you're re-posting this idea(s) in a separate topic(s), please make sure to use the search function, since a lot of ideas might already be out there in the ideas forum.

Thanks again!

P.S: More information about how the ideas exchange works can be found here.

0 Likes

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2018-07-28

Hello there!

Thanks for the feedback, unfortunately we can only handle 1 specific feature request per topic, otherwise it's impossible to manage the received kudos / give the idea a proper status.

If you want to start a general feedback topic, that's great! But please use the respective help forum then. ;)

When you're re-posting this idea(s) in a separate topic(s), please make sure to use the search function, since a lot of ideas might already be out there in the ideas forum.

Thanks again!

P.S: More information about how the ideas exchange works can be found here.