[Android][Other] Force Spotify Employees to Use Podcast Player Until it's Useable!

All Spotify employees and executives should be forced to listen to all of their podcasts on Spotify, so maybe it would at least get caught up to the worst podcast players out there - which are still better than Spotify.

More than 18 months ago, I heard the Spotify advertisment on my favorite podcast. To support the pod, I tried switching over to Spotify. Almost immediately glaring deficiencies became apparent, among them:

* HIGHLY REQUESTED FEATURE: No way to mark a selected cast as "Played." Maybe I don't want to hear this one again. There are several posts on this.

* HIGHLY REQUESTED FEATURE! No way to Mark ALL as "Played. I just switched over from another player, now Spotify wants to put literally HUNDREDS of casts on my lists. I want to Mark them ALL as Played - except for the recent ones I have yet to listen to. Again, there are several posts on this.

* Add a Podcast to a playlist. Maybe I've created a playlist of an artist and want to add a cast about that artist.

* Create playlists of podcasts that I want to listen to again. Maybe I really like someting, and want to add it to a list of my Favorites.

* Pause the cast and go back to listening to music. Maybe it's a long one, and I want a break.

* HIGHLY REQUESTED FEATURE: Push notifications so I know when something I've subscribed to has been updates. Many posts about this.

* Filter my podcasts by some criteria I choose (music, genre, source, etc.)

* Spotify's Podcast search feature is terrible! Seriously, it almost never finds what you're looking for.  You almost never know the exact name, sometimes you just know who it is, or what it's about. Try Podcast Addict, Pocket Cast or one of the other big apps - you get one single word right and they seem to find it!

* Podcast function is too hard to find in Android.

HIGHLY REQUESTED FEATURE: Can't play Podcasts on my desktop computer, andy my usage should cross platforms. Again, there have been multiple posts about this over the past several years.

Podcasts menu available in the library section of the phone app should be accessible also in Android auto.

* HIGHLY REQUESTED FEATURE: Sort Podcasts (by date, name, genre, etc.)

* Show the description of the podcast episode. All other players seem to do this.

These are just a few of the most basic needs of the avid Pod listener. Most of these have been requested multiple times in different ways, thus failing the whole Kudos system. 

Having my podcasts and music in a single place would be TERRIFIC. Unfortunately, your podcast player as it stands borders on unuseable. Please get serious about this, and you'll have an unbeatable combo on your hands.

Thanks,

Mick

Updated on 2019-02-23

Hey there @BigMick,

Thanks for posting your Idea to the Spotify Ideas Exchange, and I'm sorry to hear that you've not enjoying Podcasts on Spotify.

It appears you've listed quite a few ideas within one thread (including a few which are already on Spotify), so to help make it easier to find your ideas, it'd be great if you could post each idea as its own. Then everyone can vote for the exact ideas that want implemented, and Spotify can improve your experience 🙂 

Thanks once again!

Comments
Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2019-02-23

Hey there @BigMick,

Thanks for posting your Idea to the Spotify Ideas Exchange, and I'm sorry to hear that you've not enjoying Podcasts on Spotify.

It appears you've listed quite a few ideas within one thread (including a few which are already on Spotify), so to help make it easier to find your ideas, it'd be great if you could post each idea as its own. Then everyone can vote for the exact ideas that want implemented, and Spotify can improve your experience 🙂 

Thanks once again!