Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Android Widget

Having a home screen widget for Android would be really nice. All other media players have one on Android so it'd be great to see that in Spotify too. It'd make things so much easier to just be able control to Spotify from your home screen instead of swiping down for the notification bar or opening the app. It's really simple functionality so please can you add it.

Updated on 2019-09-09

Hey folks, 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this idea in the Community.

We’re excited to let you know the Android Widget is back. To get listening, make sure you’re on the latest version of the app and Spotify will show in the widget menu on your device. The widget is now resizable too and some stability issues have been fixed. 

2019-09-09.jpg

We appreciate your passion for this feature and want to thank you all for your feedback!

Comments
restokrek

Do you guys not have android phones?

It is often relevant when developing programs/apps to get some idea of what the end user wants!

Sometimes the things you remove come across to me as arbitrary. Where did you even get the idea to remove this? And why can't you add a keyboard shortcut to queuing on computers? 

Blows my mind. Leave it to the swedes, eh? 

thisbryanguy

I simply cannot understand how making things more INCONVENIENT to your users can be received and implemented as such a great idea...

Please don't overestimate your subjective view as to what is "redundant" while underestimating the users' experience.

Please bring the back the widget, thank you.

mandyjharris

I can't believe you guys took away the android widget. I use it every single day. How is it 'redundant' or 'not functional'? What a stupid decision this is.

LionFreak

Premium subscription cancelled. I'm switching to Deezer. Check it out in the play store everyone! Let Spotify know you are really unhappy with the poor customer minded decisions.

Switch to Deezer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stream unlimited music with Deezer to discover your perfect soundtrack. And, with Deezer Premium, stream your music on all your devices - phone, desktop, Xbox One and more With Deezer you can: - Get your music on all your Windows 10 devices* - Access your music more easily - Stream Flow, your personal soundtrack - Get personalised music recommendations from our Editors - Download your music on your phone & desktop with Deezer Premium - Stream unlimited playlists, Mixes and soundtracks

kornkid8600

Already replaced the Google Music widget on my homescreen where I had Spotify. I've already clicked Play on my Google Play Music several times when I meant Spotify. Will cancel my account soon if the widget doesn't come back. You won't be breaking 10 years of this habbit. 

I've gone from 1 press to play to having to open the app, click on the last song, then press play...3 steps for something that was 1. 

Spirit_Finn

This widget got daily use on my primary phone screen.  Super annoying to go into the app or pull down the notifications bar which always causes me to accidentally bump something... especially since I use this when driving via an aux cable or bluetooth.

QueenLauren
Awesome, Deezer has a widget. Thanks
MizzKillSquad

So basically, what spotify is telling us, its paying customers, that they don't care what they think. That's lovely. I've been a customer and an avid supporter of your product and have referred many subscribers to you for about 8 years now. This is so saddening, I'm so disappointed in the flagrant disregard you've shown to the people who pay for your product. Do believe that we will stop using your service if you continue to ignore us, as you are not the only game in town. Customer service is essential in business, I suggest you exert the necessary energy to provide some.

QueenLauren

I'm extremely upset the widget is gone.

Good news is every other app I have looked into switching to has one. 

They have until the end of the month to return my widget or I will never be customer of spotify again.

I will cancel my paid membership and delete the app. Once I'm gone I won't be back. 

I suggest everyone else do the same. If spotify doesn't want your money I'm sure every other company does.

Papabear030567

I'm mad as **bleep** and I'm not going to take it anymore

Shawn from Philly