[Android][Other] New Android App Icon as of Week of April 22nd 2019 is Awful

Hello Spotify, exactly how high were you on 4.20 when you came up with this icon redesign for the Android Mobile app?Screenshot_20190423-152049_2.png Please change it back. Thank you!

Updated on 2019-04-27

Hey @Alenjak7,

Thanks for your idea! It looks like your Idea has already been submitted over here, so I'll be marking this idea as a duplicate. You can leave your thoughts over there, and make sure to click +VOTE.

Comments
pnvsag

Odd icon design, please change to the previous one.

DAGS79

Not a great look guys, change it back please!

Absinth92

Yeah, this genuinely ruined my night. It's now the worst-designed icon on my phone, and there's no place for me to put it that doesn't look awful. RIP all people using black backgrounds. Just make it green! It's not that hard to make a good app icon...Screenshot_20190423-235210.png

spo_aba

Exactly my thoughts, came here to see if I was the only one.

sashaohio

Please change it back. There was nothing wrong with the other one.

scttgldsmth

looks terrible on black background. one shrimpy spotify icon next to all the other full size icons. bad design decision :(

AnthCristiano
Casual Listener

Really needs to be changed. Looks so awkward with dark or black wallpapers because the black blends in and makes the icon look smaller than all others on the phone. Sticks out like a sore thumb.

rossisdead
Roadie

This is more Android's fault than Spotify. The newer versions of Android require apps to use "adaptive icons" that end up looking terrible for any icon that has a logo that can't be cropped to different shapes(ex: Spotify's logo is a circle that they probably don't want being a square, teardrop, or some other shape). They could have picked a better color than black, though.

Crazy-Maisy
Roadie

It looks horrible with my not dark background and the way all other icons and folders around it look.

Screenshot_20190424-084043_Samsung Experience Home.jpgSpotify Icon looks horrible

nacho_baracho99
Music Fan

It looks so tiny it's weird