[Android][Other] Spotify not showing on chromecast other than logo

Although spotify is streaming audio to my chromecast - it no longer shows what is playing and cover art on the tv.  Only  shows spotify logo on black background - nothing else.  What happened? - On android   Samsung Note 9 - recent update this week perhaps did something?

Updated on 2019-08-24

Seems like you're having an issue worth investigating.

Please search for the issue in the respective help section and post there to be in the loop. If it doesn't exist you can create a new topic, so it can fixed.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. :)
Comments
braydon_r17
Casual Listener

I'm having the same issue. I hear the music playing but nothing shows except the logo on my screen. It's kind of annoying. Wasn't happening about a week ago when I last casted Spotify. I tried rebooting my Chromecast and restarting Spotify on my phone thinking maybe it was a sync issue or something but that didn't do anything. Hopefully they fix it.  I'm in Canada.  It's not just us, there's a bunch of people posting on Reddit about the same issue.

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2019-08-24

Seems like you're having an issue worth investigating.

Please search for the issue in the respective help section and post there to be in the loop. If it doesn't exist you can create a new topic, so it can fixed.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. :)