[Android][Playlists] Option to disable album art on mobile playlists

So basic request, simply one to add the option to toggle visibility of playlist album art on mobile. I don't like it, it clutters up the screen and now I only get to see 7 and a half songs, as opposed to before the update when I could see at least 25 at once.

A toggle in the personal preferences, or even per-album, would be fan-tastic. Cheers!

Updated on 2020-03-03

Hey @Coconutsales,

We haven't heard back from you, so we've gone ahead and close this idea.

Feel free to submit a new idea with this suggestion, making sure to include the additional info which we requested from you in our earlier post.

For more info on the Idea Exchange guidelines and what to do after submitting an idea, make sure to check out this Spotify Answer.

Thanks!

Comments
Status changed to: Need more information

Updated on 2020-02-24

Hey @Coconutsales,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

Do you mind sharing a screenshot to clarify what you're referring to?

Also, do you mind specifying which context you were able to see 25 songs in before? A screenshot would also be useful here.

Thanks - keep us posted!

Regular

Couldn't agree more. And for IOS too please! Between this, the Shuffle Play button just becoming a Play/Pause button, and the Like button requiring an extra tap to access, recent updates have been really frustrating me. 

HERE IS A COMPARISON OF OLD AND NEW: While the new look does seem chunkier, admittedly the total number of songs on the screen has only been reduced by a small fraction of a song: https://imgur.com/a/I7Y30p2

But two issues remain.

1: I want to see the album names on my playlist! THEY'RE GONE 😞

2: It looks gross; I and many others liked the uniformity much better.

Please: just add it back as a toggle in settings; that really cannot be too hard since it was the standard UI for so many years. And everyone is happy!

Visitor
  1. I agree - i wanna see a lot of songs and currently i only see some songs. Ability to listen and add versatility to your UI should not hinder your brand - Spotify’s aesthetic is solid enough to withstand minor differences between users’ versions of the app.
Casual Listener

I don't want to see most of the album artwork and I REALLY DON'T WANT my children to see it.

Please create an option to block album artwork. 

Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2020-03-03

Hey @Coconutsales,

We haven't heard back from you, so we've gone ahead and close this idea.

Feel free to submit a new idea with this suggestion, making sure to include the additional info which we requested from you in our earlier post.

For more info on the Idea Exchange guidelines and what to do after submitting an idea, make sure to check out this Spotify Answer.

Thanks!