Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Set Spotify as Default Player

Android applications seem to support some form of integration with the Android OS to identify as a music player.

Going to: Settings > Apps > *Gear Icon* > *Default Section* > Music app:

I'm able to select which application on my phone should be the default app for music, and the phone presents me with a list of choices:

• Google Play Music
  • MX Player Pro
  • ES File Explorer Pro
  • IPTV Pro.

As you can see, Spotify is not on the list. If those apps can make it to the list, so can Spotify. Would be really great to see official integration with Android in this regard, especially because such integration helps a lot when connecting the phone with the car!

Screenshot attached.

Phone: OnePlus 5

OS Build: ONEPLUS A5000_23_170624

Thanks

(P.S. Originally posted in the Android section, but was recommended to post it here)

Screenshot_20170626-220941.png

Updated on 2021-06-07

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Marco
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2017-07-12

Marked as new idea.

Hoitur

This is quite essential to get done or Spotify are out. 

nicolaslambert8

This should just get fixed... regardless the votes... If everybody keeps asking for a discount, we're not improving the app!

Hoitur

Don't want a discount. I'd rather pay Google for my music if Spotify don't become more user friendly with regards to integration in android. It should really not be necessary to install extra apps just for a simple interface like "default player" 

edwin_r_c

I'm surprised this doesn't have more votes. Even more surprised that I just subscribed to Spotify and that it doesn't show up as a Music app so I can replace Google Play Music on my One Plus 5. Come on guys, what are you waiting for?

francocm

Commenting again (after almost 8 months), to show that the issue is still present on the latest OnePlus 5 / Android OS.

Phone: OnePlus 5

OS Build: ONEPLUS A5000_23_180129

Screenshot_20180217-105108.jpgScreenshot_20180217-105048.jpg

denNorske

Oh god , cant you just add this. Its been 5 years now 

anubiscruger100

I have faced this problem too

anubiscruger100

I have faced this problem too

Scurt11

I currently have the same issue on my Huawei Mate 9. Really sucks because I cant use with android auto, assuming this is the reason why.