[Android][Social] Option to disable Videos in curated Playlists

I suggest a separate option to disable Canvas videos without the need to turn Data Saver on .

The only current way to disable Canvas videos is by turning the Data Saver mode on. Oddly, this option also prevents you from selecting Medium and High audio quality.

I choosec to give my money to Spotify because they are an audio service that provides high quality music. How stupid is it for a music service to add a video feature that can only be disabled by degrading the music quality?

Very counterintuitive.

Updated on 2019-04-07

Hey and thanks all for your feedback! 

Any news regarding this request will be announced in the original idea here

Add your votes and comments in support there please : )

[Ideas FAQs]

Related Ideas

Comments
Nitro5955

It is really frustrating to have the music just stop.  I pay for the service so that I can listen to the music.  I also pay for the feature to download the music so that I am not using data to stream the music.  So it stops playing and not knowing why is a pain.

The worst part is that I have to touch my phone to skip to the next track sometimes multiple times which is considered ILLEGAL in our state.  A single touch or swipe is legal but if Spotify is not in the foreground because I am using a navigation software, it means I have to do many things to get it to go to the next song.

I could care less about videos when I am on my mobile and especially when spotify is not maximized on my screen.

I figure this video thing was something new to do and you do not want to disable it so people might use it and like it.  But if the app is minimized it should never play the video.  Also not sure why it complains about it not being able to play when I am just using my cell data.  My country is the US for my plan, my cell plan is in the US and I am in the US.  Don't understand why the videos would even complain.

xxbasexx
Regular
I really like your playlist boss , one of my tracks could fit well in your

Rock Star 11
Rock Star 11
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2019-04-07

Hey and thanks all for your feedback! 

Any news regarding this request will be announced in the original idea here

Add your votes and comments in support there please : )

[Ideas FAQs]