[Android][Subscription] Premium subscriber customer care #widget missing

Spotify's decision to remove the widget is surprisingly lacking in customer care considerations,  and particularly premium and family premium subscriber needs.  I expect to be asked, notified and to ensure  my customer needs are considered before someone changes my fundamental experience.  No explanation was provided. I thought I had done something wrong but to find on a Google search what spotify had done without any notice to their subscribers.  This is not good customer care and destroys any trust established with your subscribers,  and particularly your premium subscribers.  Having regularly paid for years,  the is a contract expectation for the services I signed up for are maintained and improved,  not removed! #widget

Bring back the widget for subscribers who choose to use it please?

Updated on 2019-08-16

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

A similar idea has also been suggested here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Android-Android-Widget/idi-p/4802473

We have also merged the votes from this idea to that original one. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

Related Ideas

Comments
Gaul01
Visitor

Worst thing ever! Used the widget everyday, all day. Please bring it back soon!

Thinguy
Visitor

Whoever decided to dump the widget needs to rethink their life choices.

I dont always have or want Spotify in my notifications. I have other audio apps (audible etc) and if both are active they fight for who actually plays.

Widget is a handy shortcut, doesnt cause conflicts and doesnt clutter up Notifications.

Visitor

I'm very upset about you removing widget for Android.. I've been a customer for very long time. Don't feel appreciated. This is bull... Pretty much considering going back to Amazon music instead. If this is not resolved soon. And widget is not brought back than you will lose me as a customer as well as many others. Fix this! 

tindog13
Casual Listener

Please bring back the widget so that I don't have to subscribe to Stitcher.

Bright-Lights
Visitor

Using the widget was so much easier than what they're suggesting now... 'using the playback notification'.

It's obvious that the masses do not want this. 

Consider your customers and bring back the widget or a lot of us will probably stop subscribing and go to Google or Amazon 

galbertom

The widget was the only way I launched Spotify on my phone. I used this every day. The only advantage of the notification pane control is the like button. So, please bring back the widget with an added like button! 

SummertimeFun
Visitor

Seriously, the widget, bring it back, PLEASE. It's one of only two widgets I use (Shazam being the other) on a daily, if not hourly basis. I've been a premium subscriber for years, on a family plan for the last 2, and the widget is literally one of the few defining characteristics that has kept me with Spotify. Please rethink this awful decision. You should be working to make the user experience better, simpler, not worse and more difficult. And usually you do well, but this decision is pretty short sighted.

Thank you for your time.

Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2019-08-16

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

A similar idea has also been suggested here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Android-Android-Widget/idi-p/4802473

We have also merged the votes from this idea to that original one. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here