[Android][Subscription] Revert the latest (June) mobile update for premium

So when are you going to roll back to the previous version of the mobile app? Honestly, this has to be one of the single most unpopular updates I've ever seen birthed into this world. Did nobody who designed this stop for even a second and think that, amongst other things, removing the recently played section from library was, in fact, NOT a good idea? Nobody reckoned that would be a bad move?

Honestly, I've been using premium for 4, probably nearly 5 years now. But if there's no reverting to the previous version, or at the very bare minimum, a reinstatement of the recently played, I'm gone. Done. C'est fini! And no, the 4 or 5 albums on the home page "recently played" section do not count in the slightest. Especially considering one of them is the naff video explaining this terrible update.

Updated on 2019-06-20

Hey @Malus131 

A similar idea has also been suggested here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Mobile-Your-Music-Bring-back-Recently-Played-to-Your-Lib...

Please vote for it, and add a comment there, so it may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. :)

Comments
newupdatesucks

YES THIS UPDATE IS TERRIBLE I AM ONLY HERE BECAUSE OF HOW BAD IT IS

THERES HONESTLY SO MUCH WRONG WITH IT THAT IM NOT GOING TO WASTE MY TIME TYPING IT ALL OUT

newupdatesucks

I HATE THIS. 

I HAVE OVER 2000 LIKED SONGS. I DOUBT I LIKE THEM ALL BUT OVER THE YEARS I HAVE. WHATEVER, I HAVE MORE CURATED PLAYLISTS I LISTEN TO. BUT IF I WANNA LISTEN TO A SPECIFIC ARTIST (in this case Action Bronson) I CANT GO TO HIS ARTIST PAGE BECAUSE THAT WILL ONLY INCLUDE HIS ALBUMS I HAVE SAVED. NO SINGLES. AND I CANT GO INTO MY GENERIC "SONGS" PLAYLIST AND SEARCH IT ANYMORE SO I CAN LISTEN TO ALL OF HIS SINGLES, ALBUMS AND FEATURES 

Jcsatx

Y

Yes, this is horrible.  If I cant scroll through my artists and albums then I will be cancelling my subscription. Unbelievably bad change.

Fix this asap or lose me as a subscriber.

chip97munk

Agreed! The artist section was my go-to every time I opened the app. I have over 2,000 songs saved and it's impossible to sort through them efficiently without the artist section in alphabetical order! I've been paying for Premium for more than a year now and love(d) it. But I have absolutely no problem switching to a company that works to improve the users experience rather than destroy it. Every update that has happened since I downloaded the app has somehow managed to make the app worse!

newupdatesucks
It's all becoming tailored to big artists and paid promotions its**bleep**.
datfenristho
Music Fan

Yep this is hands down the worst update for any app I've ever seen. Who thought removing 90% of people's music from their library, and shoving it into a single long as **bleep** playlist was a good idea? "We changed your library to make things easier and more convenient" news flash y'all did the exact opposite. Now we have to search through a single playlist of thousands of songs to find anything. Since apparently spotify thinks all people save entire albums. God forbid we dislike some songs from an album, but like the rest. Also things are no longer in alphabetical order for some reason. Because the alphabet is somehow hard to comprehend I guess? Alphabetical order isn't easy to find things in nope. 

Also clicking on an artist and having it show me ALL their music instead of what I saved from them is incredibly stupid. Honestly how did anyone think removing all functionality and organization from this app was smart. Do you guys want to drive your customers away? Because that's exactly what's happening. This update is so horrendous it makes me want to delete the app. I shouldn't have to pay for having less features.

bw2
Regular

This is the WORST update ever! Looking for a new app. The UI for albums, songs, playlists is TERRIBLE! So annoyed and might have to go back to using my Sony Discman. Disappointed AF!

dmlollos

I had songs in my library from up to three years ago, and I enjoyed being able to see all the artists in my library and have only my saved songs. With the new update all my songs were put into a playlist of "Liked songs" which I think had previously been liked from radio. I cant stand the new artist page, as all of my artists were deleted and now I have to scroll through to try and add back all of the artists I had before. This nee update is nothing but an inconvenience,  and it seemed like access to podcasts (which is a large part of the update) was perfectly fine before. Please bring back the old system!

calumnoade

I've been using Spotify for years now because of how good its UI is. Why change what works? If the update isn't fully reverted soon I'll also be switching over to Apple or something. 

TeyonaMiller

You guys too eh? God knows I don't want to switch to Apple, but I can't have my music library looking like this.