[Android] Swipe to Queue - 2019

Whatever Customer Relations worker happens to see this, yes, I know: 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Android-Swipe-to-Queue-a-Track/idi-p/1189608

100 Million+ Play Store downloads.

4 years of waiting.

An elementary feature native to the iOS experience since launch.

This question gets asked all the time. And everytime it is redirected to the original post, marked "Not Right Now".

I doubt this is an app-breaking feature. It is a QoL improvement that makes the app consistent across platforms. Does Spotify have some secret deal with Apple to give other OS users an inferior UX? I doubt that as well. I imagine more "pressing" features are being requested (like Behind the Lyrics, because that's very important) and this one has been tabled indefinitely because Spoitfy doesn't believe there is enough demand.

I will keep making these posts until whatever developers in this company finally believe there is.

Updated on 2019-03-12

Hello! Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Community. 

As you mentioned, this idea has already been suggested here. Make sure to add your votes and comments there and it might be considered regardless of its current status.

You can find more info about how the Ideas Exange works here :)

Comments
Sukme

Literally couldn't agree more. **bleep**ing ridiculous. It's been out for so long, people have asked for it so many times, THEY CAN IMPLEKETN BEHIND THE LYRICS WHICH ABSOLUTELY NO ONE USES BUT NOT SIMPLE SWIPE FEATURES FOR A BETTER UI. Clearly not the developers faults as they get told what to do but this is insane, could literally be implemented in an afternoon. At this point you guys just suck and clearly have no desire to improve the Android user experience which sucks as I've used your platform for 3 years.

addisonh11

PLEASE. How has it been this long? You've clearly implemented this feature before, it's not a new problem to solve. Please add to android.

jinkoh
Regular

I agree. They need to mirror the gestures features on iOS to android, including swiping the nowplaying screen up and down.

JackManganiello

Spotify had been mistreating their Android users for years now. Always giving iOS users features before us or even just not giving us features at all such as swipe to queue and swipe to hide/show now playing. I call BS on anyone at Spotify saying "We cannot implement this feature yet." or "We currently have no plans to include this feature." I feel I'm paying $12 a month for a service that is half finished.

Rock Star 10
Rock Star 10
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2019-03-12

Hello! Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Community. 

As you mentioned, this idea has already been suggested here. Make sure to add your votes and comments there and it might be considered regardless of its current status.

You can find more info about how the Ideas Exange works here :)