Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] swipe down current playing song view instead of tapping the arrow

On iOS you can swipe down the view where the currently playing song is shown. I've also tested YT Music, Deezer and Amazon Music apps on Android. All of them implemented the same behaviour. Only Spotify on Android is not able to let the user swipe away the currently palying song view. Instead I have to tap on the arrow on the top left end of the screen. In a world full of gestures and much too large smartphone displays, that is inacceptable!

Screenshot_20231006-175922.png

Updated on 2023-10-13

We're thrilled to see that your suggestion is rapidly gaining popularity and we're updating its status to Good Suggestion.

We hope that it will continue to gain support from more users. Thank you for your valuable contribution - we truly appreciate it!

For more details about how the Ideas Exchange works, please refer to here.

Comments
rodri_blackfyre

This is very intuitive and would improve a lot the user experience.

Guido
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2019-08-30

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Take a look at this similar idea which might be interesting as well: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Android-Gesture-Support/idi-p/4533251

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

Oliverhoad

By now the Android version of Spotify should be consistent with the iOS version. It is basic UX design and shouldn't leave any consumer out of features that show more attention towards one platform.

mvolonnino

Trying again to get this simple UI feature of swiping down on the Now Playing screen like in iOS. All other major music apps already do this and it's so frustrating that Android users don't have this feature. 

Xenia
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-10-05

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea!

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely: “Checking for existing ideas.”

Similar ideas have already been suggested - It's well worth adding your vote to show your support:

While the suggestions didn't gather enough votes in order to get prioritized right now, you can still add your vote and comments there and we'll look into it once they reach the required amount of votes.

More info on why your idea has been closed and how to search for existing ideas in the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cubevoid

Especially on larger devices, it's hard to reach the down arrow in the top left corner of the Now Playing screen. The iOS version has had this feature for ages, why not add it to Android?

andrema

It's 2022 and how is this still not a feature? I've used Spotify for years on iOS and invested my money into Spotify stock. How can this very basic UX feature not be implemented yet? Stop wasting resources on shutting this idea down repeatedly. This issue is mainly noticable for the group of people switching from iPhone to Android, a difficult task already. PLEASE just implement this feature already. 

rustynail

Please add this feature ASAP, team. It should be terribly embarrassing for Spotify to be the only music player in the market that still does not offer this option for Android devices.

keco

I'm really disappointed. How many votes are required for a basic feature to be implemented or even prioritized?

This shouldn't be an issue in the first place, let alone in the most recent 2023 update, and the closure of the case doesn't allow it to reach the "necessary" likes. I'm a really frecuent listener and this is just annoying.

Why leave the very large android community lagging behind on simple features such as this?

yes_bruddahs

+1