[Android] Touch Preview

Spotify said when Touch Preview & other swipe gestures were announced back in January of 2015 that the features would "soon be rolled out across other platforms." We're sitting here over TWO years later, we still don't have the features and won't get them. This is absolutely unacceptable. These features vastly improved the Spotify experience on iOS. Android users deserve the same treatment. Spotify needs to stop treating us like second-class users and consistently prioritizing us below iOS ... Get this done!

Screen Shot 2016-09-15 at 2.29.42 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-09-15 at 2.29.32 PM.png

Updated on 2017-08-22

Hey everyone, we're going to close this idea today as we've announced we’re in the process of removing Track Preview, the feature on the iOS app that gives you a sneak peek of a playlist, song, album, or artist before you hit play.

We’ve taken this decision as it currently has a very low engagement rate. We’re committed to offering the best experience on each platform, and we’re actively looking into new possibilities for the long press feature.The change will take effect with app version 8.4.15.

Thanks for your continued feedback. We work hard to be as transparent as we can with these idea updates. Keep an eye on these boards for further announcements on what we'll be implementing. 
Comments
Pantaloon
Music Fan

I know I'm a bit late, but I also wish it was available on Android :( it's a cool feature, and it seems like Android is always a step behind ios. I'd like to be able to have the same features of my phone as the ios. I have an apple iPad, but I'd rather not carry that around everywhere... 

Shuthefrontdoor

So ridiculous that they have no intention of bringing this sought out feature to Android, is it pure laziness on Spotify's end?? I see no other explanation, your going to lose Android customers spotify, wake up!

tuberdise202
Regular

We need equal rights between iOS and Android!! Give us the feature!

It's the best feature of Spotify!

Android need this!

We all want it!!

Why spotify isn't fair?

Android isn't second!

Spotify isn't nice!!

Missdabarella

That's bull**bleep** I legit don't even want to continue my subscription I hated my iPhone more than I hate spotifys inability to be fair to all its customers by offering the same features regardless if the user is using an android or ios powered phone. So you are openly favoring iPhone users. So after three years with you, I'm cancelling. SoundCloud has all the same music plus more maybe I'll get prime with SoundCloud Instead.. 

Missdabarella

Equality doesn't exist in America. Down to apps for phone's. iPhone is the privelaged little white girl who looks shiny and nice but really bland on the Inside and Android is the underrated over looked minority who gets the hand me downs instead of new clothes. 

Spotify is the basic white girl of music apps.

I'm breaking up with basic for HNHH and SoundCloud subscription. :middle_finger:

southwestsam

Can I ask why you're not introducing it on Android?

Spotify
Spotify
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2017-08-21

Hey everyone. We don't have plans to build Touch Preview on Android. Should this change in the future we will of course let you know here. Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange with your suggestions--we're continuing to pass your feedback on internally.

wowsaab
Regular

Bring this and swipe to queue to android. It's a must!!

Spotify
Spotify
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2017-08-22

Hey everyone, we're going to close this idea today as we've announced we’re in the process of removing Track Preview, the feature on the iOS app that gives you a sneak peek of a playlist, song, album, or artist before you hit play.

We’ve taken this decision as it currently has a very low engagement rate. We’re committed to offering the best experience on each platform, and we’re actively looking into new possibilities for the long press feature.The change will take effect with app version 8.4.15.

Thanks for your continued feedback. We work hard to be as transparent as we can with these idea updates. Keep an eye on these boards for further announcements on what we'll be implementing. 
MattSuda
Community Legend

So instead of adding this to Android like was promised in the press release and never came, you guys decide to just remove it altogether just because it had low usage?

If you released it on Android more people would become aware of it and there would be more people talking about the feature.

It had low usage because it's poorly advertised. Nobody knows it's there. This was a feature that set Spotify a part from the rest. It was really cool.

This is a very poor decision.