[Android] Touch Preview

Spotify said when Touch Preview & other swipe gestures were announced back in January of 2015 that the features would "soon be rolled out across other platforms." We're sitting here over TWO years later, we still don't have the features and won't get them. This is absolutely unacceptable. These features vastly improved the Spotify experience on iOS. Android users deserve the same treatment. Spotify needs to stop treating us like second-class users and consistently prioritizing us below iOS ... Get this done!

Screen Shot 2016-09-15 at 2.29.42 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-09-15 at 2.29.32 PM.png

Updated on 2017-08-22

Hey everyone, we're going to close this idea today as we've announced we’re in the process of removing Track Preview, the feature on the iOS app that gives you a sneak peek of a playlist, song, album, or artist before you hit play.

We’ve taken this decision as it currently has a very low engagement rate. We’re committed to offering the best experience on each platform, and we’re actively looking into new possibilities for the long press feature.The change will take effect with app version 8.4.15.

Thanks for your continued feedback. We work hard to be as transparent as we can with these idea updates. Keep an eye on these boards for further announcements on what we'll be implementing. 

Related Ideas

Comments
blake
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2016-09-15

Marked as new idea. This is a repost of the following inactive idea.

Krosario85
Casual Listener

After using the iPhone app and going back to android this is one small useful feature I'm going to miss. The contextual menu you get from tapping the three dots on the sides of each track isn't so accurate so hopefully Spotify tweaks that before removing it from the "hold the track name" way of bring it up. 

Browsing thru new music Friday playlists are going to be such a chore again

thedominique
Spotify Legend

Hi! (commenting on this instead of that other ticket I was mentioned in.) I've reached out to one of the devs in the team who developed touch preview. She wasn't sure about when this feature will be enabled on Android as well I'm afraid. I voted for this idea here and I will continue to bring it up with the team :)

cclawrence
Roadie

Thank you so so much. Appreciate your help.

dariustalingtin

This should be on Android. Pleaseeeeee! 

Stereochromatic
Community Legend

I would love to see this feature on  Android!

cclawrence
Roadie

Nearing the 2 year anniversary of this feature that NEVER made it to Android. Several years ago that could've possibly been acceptable. Now? With iOS and the iPhone not making huge strides in innovation and Samsung, Google and more are making amazing phones and great software, there is no excuse for a long delay between implementing features across platforms. A couple days or at most weeks? Sure. 2 years? Simply unacceptable. Just one of the many issues Spotify ignores and makes some silly excuse as to why it hasn't happened or won't happen. I'm looking forward to 2018 when I can come back and look at these comments and go, "Wow! Nothing has changed. I'm so surprised." Seriously. Crazy how many posts are years old and have thousands of likes and comments, but Spotify says "Not right now" ...

Spotify
Spotify
Status changed to: Not Right Now
Updated: 2016-12-14

Hey everyone. We don't have plans to build Touch Preview on Android. Should this change in the future we will of course let you know here. Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange with your suggestions--we're continuing to pass your feedback on internally.

cclawrence
Roadie

It's insane to me that Spotify can just dismiss this with no explanation and like it's no big deal. I just don't understand.

samjg60

@meahtenoha Thanks for the update, however could we have a reason why you don't plan to add this feature to the android app??