[Android] User Agreements

Hey! 

I got a great idea, how about that we remove the rights to spy on people thorught the new user agreements.

Like the fact that spotify now can look/ take your pictures, contacts, gps cordinates, and listen to your conversations thourgh the microphone.

Doesn't that sound great?!

If this does not change I for one will end my subscription at spotify and find a new music service.

Have a good day! 

Hey folks, 

We know quite a few of you have questions about our new T&Cs. Sorry, we should have been clearer. Privacy is super important. Here’s some new info https://news.spotify.com/2015/08/17/updated-terms/

Please know we'll always ask for individual permission or inform you of the ability to opt out of sharing location, photos, voice & contacts. Thanks everyone.

Comments
THC1138
Casual Listener

Yep. I just cancelled. I really hate these slimy "agreements." Same reason I will not use Facebook, Twitter, etc. Why does Spotify need to collect this information? It is intrusive and creepy. It makes me feel gross.

iuliano72

Also cancelling for the same reason.. A real shame as I've been a big fan for a long time.

potatoewaffle

Im going to give them a week or two to decide if they will revert back due to negative feedback, if nothing i will also cancel my subscription - Been paying for years now, long time fan, this is completely unacceptable.

Focusedenergydc
Absolutely agree.
silvermink

Fully agree, I canceled my subscription today as well.

I don't trust any company that asks for this information when it is clearly not part of the service, and nobody ever should.

A suggestion to Spotify is to keep this privacy-invading system for non-paying users and have a proper non-intrusive application for paying customers.

That would be acceptable to me, and I'd happily return as a paying customer.

Spotify
Spotify
Status changed to: Case Closed

Hey folks, 

We know quite a few of you have questions about our new T&Cs. Sorry, we should have been clearer. Privacy is super important. Here’s some new info https://news.spotify.com/2015/08/17/updated-terms/

Please know we'll always ask for individual permission or inform you of the ability to opt out of sharing location, photos, voice & contacts. Thanks everyone.