[Android][Your Library] 2021 udpate

This new UI has me wanting to switch services. How can a UI be so clunky and cluttered. Why would I want my podcasts and Playlist mashed together, they were completely fine separated. I really hope you guys consider changing back, its terrible

Updated on 2021-05-06

Hey @JeffJ1, thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

I’ve closed this idea as the Ideas Exchange Guidelines do not allow requests for complete roll-backs. If you don’t like a certain update, you’re welcome to provide constructive feedback in the relevant Help section of the Community. If you would like to suggest specific feature changes, feel free to submit one or even several ideas in the Idea Exchange, keeping in mind that only one change request is allowed per idea.

For more information, check out the Idea Exchange Guidelines here.

Comments
momoi225
Visitor

I 100% agree. The new UI is super clunky and adds unnecessary steps to selecting what you want to listen to. I don't want to filter the full list by "podcasts" then "downloaded" then select a show, and then either scroll until I find the downloaded videos, or sort by downloaded. That's way too many steps, when before it was "click on podcasts", "click on downloads" and everything was conveniently there.

I also really hope they consider either changing it back or fixing it up, because currently its nearly unusable for me and is sort of tempting to look into other streaming services. Which is sad because I've really loved spotify.

ZeekZoogler
Visitor

I totally agree with you. I'm heavily considering switching to Apple Music. This update was not needed. The layout was perfectly fine in the last version. It honestly baffles me how a whole team of people said yes to this. 

Mitchman72
Casual Listener

Ya this is complete bs! Its all a cluttered mess now! 

whatsthepoint
Casual Listener

WHY, Spotify??!!!! I use Spotify to listen to music and podcasts, but those are two separate moods so keep music and podcasts separate! If I'm trying to find my downloaded podcast episodes, like momoi225 said, I have to go through a bunch of unnecessary steps. If I were a podcast creator, I would be P***ED!!! How is anyone going to find your shows? Who is going to put in the effort to look for your new episodes with all these steps? 

Example: I listen to "The Daily" podcast. Sometimes they do these special "Sunday Reads," which I like to save for long car rides (I download the episodes because I can't rely on streaming while driving). Before this design blunder, I could easily see the four "Sunday Read" episodes I've been saving. Now, how am I supposed to find them? Some of them are from weeks ago, and as the name implies, "The Daily" releases new episodes M-F. So now, I would have to go to "Your Library," select "Podcasts & Shows," and then I can either click on "The Daily" right there or I can filter down to "Downloaded" - both choices present me with the same result (psst, that's bad design), which is that I can now scroll through all "The Daily" episodes until I stumble upon the "Sunday Read" ones. You know what's going to happen in reality? I'm never going to do that and I'll probably never listen to those episodes. Sorry creators! 

I do see there's a new "New Episodes" bot-generated playlist, which might prove to be helpful in the future... if it actually aggregates all the new shows, doesn't miss any, AND doesn't remove them from "New Episodes" until I've actually listened to them -  which seems highly unlikely because those unread but new "Sunday Read" episodes are not in this playlist!!!

Ideas: 

1. Revert design so that music and podcasts are separated
  2. Remove bot-generated "Your Episodes" playlist (that's another bad design move you folks made recently)
  3. Allow users to quickly access all downloaded podcast EPISODES (not the podcast as a whole, but each individual episode); why am I paying for Spotify Premium if I can't even find the downloads??
Noah
Rock Star 8
Rock Star 8
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-05-06

Hey @JeffJ1, thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

I’ve closed this idea as the Ideas Exchange Guidelines do not allow requests for complete roll-backs. If you don’t like a certain update, you’re welcome to provide constructive feedback in the relevant Help section of the Community. If you would like to suggest specific feature changes, feel free to submit one or even several ideas in the Idea Exchange, keeping in mind that only one change request is allowed per idea.

For more information, check out the Idea Exchange Guidelines here.