[Android][Your Library] Enable Custom Order of Playlists in Subfolders on Mobile App

Following the recent changes to the mobile app, I can no longer view the playlists and subfolders I keep arranged in folders/subfolders by the custom order I have used for years for those playlists/subfolders. When I filter for playlists and select custom order, only the top layer of folders follows my custom order - not the subfolders or playlists therein (or further subfolders within subfolders etc.). Please extend the custom order option under playlists in the new library setup to include the order of playlists within folders, subfolders within folders, playlists within subfolders, etc. I have hundreds of playlists saved in folders/subfolders all very particularly and deliberately arranged, so I can easily locate what I want to listen to. Organizing these subfolders/playlists in the methods now available on the mobile app (recently played, recently added, alphabetical, creator) makes little to no sense and adds minutes to the time it takes me to find a particular playlist (as I will now have to scroll through tens to hundreds of playlists in a nonsensical order). This is extremely frustrating, especially since the custom order of my entire library of subfolders and playlists is still available on the desktop app and webplayer - just not in the mobile app (which I use almost exclusively). The only workaround I can think of on my end as a user would be renaming literally thousands of playlists and subfolders (by adding 000, 001, etc., to the front) so that they will display in the proper/intended order alphabetically. Surely there must be a way to still enable us to view our folders, subfolders and playlists in the same way we've kept them organized for years on the mobile app. Thank you.

Updated on 2021-07-05

Hey @nadokoegataki,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely “Checking for existing ideas”.

A similar idea has already been suggested here - feel free to add your vote to it!

If you think your idea should be considered as separate, feel free to submit it again highlighting how your idea is distinct from the existing one.

Cheers!

Comments
kalkacola
Visitor

I absolutely agree with this! I think it goes for any phone app version of Spotify. Usually, I like my library bar to just be the playlists I have created, not the individual songs or albums I've saved. I too have a lot of playlists saved in a specific order, and now that function has been taken away and it is very  inconvenient.

Kallodus

Yes, I have a huge collection of Playlists, and I need this feature to be able to navigate quickly!

Fabio73
Casual Listener

This should be in the BUG section. Before that update the custom order of the playlists/folders inside a folder was being respected. This is a clear bug. And it's really frustrating that they fixed the bug of the downloaded playlists inside a folder disappearing and did not fixed the custom order bug.

Spotify is becoming a service hard to trust on, unfortunately. A lot of bugs that take weeks, months or even years to fix. Problems that are created when implementing new features and then not tested properly.. I'm getting sick of it!

werre
Visitor

Very annoying that it is not possible to order the subfolders as you can do in the mainfolders. So difficult to add a the same button options? What is wrong with the app these days?

Please fix this, Spotify is getting really complicated!

greetings from Belgium

thevoid8136

FYI on this I spent about an hour with tech support this morning troubleshooting...they thought they had fixed it with 8.6.36 but I showed them several instances where it still wasn't working. So they reopened and escalated this issue (or so they say). So hopefully this gets a fix in the next patch...

Mihail
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-07-05

Hey @nadokoegataki,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely “Checking for existing ideas”.

A similar idea has already been suggested here - feel free to add your vote to it!

If you think your idea should be considered as separate, feel free to submit it again highlighting how your idea is distinct from the existing one.

Cheers!

Related Ideas