[Android][Your Library] Spotify doesn't care about User Feedback

• Hey guys. A while ago Spotify made a horrible update (several posts where made here in the community about it) where "your library" (a properly designed place to organize music: you'd save 1 song and you could trace it by searching for the artist or the album it belonged to) was changed into a big playlist "liked songs". Many users complained about how badly thought this was and they were upset enough to want and leave the app (read previous ideas out in the community). Spotify marked this issue as solved: their solution was to explain how to use the new navigation p"go back to each of your thousands of songs and be sure to save each album individually so you can look at it the in the album tab". This clearly shows that they did not care about what the real issue was: the way to organize our saved songs suck. The playlists are meant to be an extra feature, not the basic way to organise all the music I like (that's why albums and artists names exist). Like many others, if this is not fixed soon instead of patronized (as it was last time) I am gonna pay someone else who offers adequate service, and I'll make sure to convince everyone I know to never get into Spotify. I've been paying them enough money for a bad service.

Updated on 2019-12-13

We’re closing this idea as it doesn’t follow one or more of the following Idea Exchange requirements:

• One change request per Idea. If you have more than one idea please make a new Idea submission for each.
  • Ideas should be posted in English.
  • Asking for a complete roll back will be closed--we need specific feedback on exactly what you are liking/ disliking about the latest update (but again one idea per thread).
  • Idea posts must follow the Spotify Community Guidelines.

Please post a detailed explanation of the change you’d like to see, with one idea per thread again in the Idea Submissions board.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
AibohphobiA_BoB
Casual Listener

I've the same experience with the support desk. Maybe it's an idea to implement new answers because I've had them all.

My problem is that the dislike button was removed from the daily mixes (as more paying customers experienced). A test account did had this button, so someone turned it off on my account. While complaining about this issue, the following standard answers were used by the support people.

• Please know that our developers are always looking for ways to bring better service to our customers.
  • We always have tests and conversations with our partners about improving the platform and we'll make sure your voice is heard in those discussions.
  • We really appreciate your patience and time.
  • We don't want to lead you on with something that's not set in stone.
  • We strive to ensure our service is accessible to everyone, so we’ll be sure to pass your suggestion on to the right folks here at Spotify.
  • We really value your feedback as it helps inform our decisions going forward, and we'll be sure to pass this on to the right folks.
  • We know how frustrating this is for you, and our best folks are already trying their hardest in finding a fix for this, along with the other concerns of the app's customers.
  • Rest assured that we'll reach out to you once this has already been sorted out. We're hoping for your understanding in this matter.
  • I've opened the ticket regarding this issue and unfortunately there is no fix/update regarding this issue yet.
  • We've went over to those links and we can confirm that this issue has been on going for a while.
  • Although this may seem like a lost case, you can rest assured that the relevant department is already aware of this, and I've even personally taken steps to check and be sure of this.
  • Currently this issue is still being investigated and our tech folks are still getting this fixed.
  • We understand that this may be frustrating and inconvenient, it's never our intention to make things hard for you, for that we apologize for any inconvenience this issue may cause.
  • We've passed this onto our tech team to investigate further. We'll be back in touch as soon as we have a meaningful update.
  • To make a suggestion or leave feedback, go to the Ideas section.
  • Sorry to keep you waiting. Our best tech folks are still looking into this.
  • We understand this must be frustrating, but hopefully it won't be too much longer before we've resolved the issue.
  • Thanks again for your patience, we really appreciate it.
  • Did you know we have an extensive help section on our website?
  • Hopefully that clears things up. Should you need help with anything else, we're always just an email away.
  • Thank you for writing back.
  • All the best, [a random support employee]

So please don't think your problem is solved, support people are too busy generating silly answers to serious requests.

Maybe it's time for a set of new lies in the standard answers because it's a bit boring to read the same answers every time.

Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2019-12-13

We’re closing this idea as it doesn’t follow one or more of the following Idea Exchange requirements:

• One change request per Idea. If you have more than one idea please make a new Idea submission for each.
  • Ideas should be posted in English.
  • Asking for a complete roll back will be closed--we need specific feedback on exactly what you are liking/ disliking about the latest update (but again one idea per thread).
  • Idea posts must follow the Spotify Community Guidelines.

Please post a detailed explanation of the change you’d like to see, with one idea per thread again in the Idea Submissions board.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.