[Android][Your Music] UI Overhaul !

Why are settings and connect to a device buried in sub menus for my library. Time for an app built for Android. An accessable at all times slide out app drawer for instance. 

Settings, Connect to Device, and possibly EQ for quick access, 1 tap away. My Radio, My Play Lists, My Albums, My Songs and My Downloads all on the side menu and a tap away, not all over the place as is the case now.

Mobile users need to get to where they want to go fast and from anywhere in the app... The app drawer solves this issue.

Also, what about slide gestures? 

In album view, gesture up to view the current play list or album cue. Long press the album art for context menu options, go to artist or album or artist radio. If Spotify wants to enter into the podcast arena, the app has to flow better. Have a look at the fluid navigation and design for Pocket Casts (beta). Really nice, modern and super easy to navigate.

Seriously, so much could be done with the UI for Spotify and not the antiquated UI with sub menus and key features buried. Will it be done?... Naaah!, Spotify does what Spotify wants. Took 5 years to get organize playlists and block explicit songs from playing on mobile Android app. 

Not expecting an actual Android app to come out, will just continue to mimic Apple.

Updated on 2019-03-10

It's better to post each suggestion in it's separate thread. That way, users can vote on each one of your ideas.

Just be sure to check out if the idea is already there. If it's not, submit it after reading the idea submission guidelines.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. :)

Comments
Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2019-03-10

It's better to post each suggestion in it's separate thread. That way, users can vote on each one of your ideas.

Just be sure to check out if the idea is already there. If it's not, submit it after reading the idea submission guidelines.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. :)