April 2021 User Interface is Garbage

Please revert to the old user interface (pre-April 2021). The new one is completely unusable. At least bring back full song lists by album on artist pages. It is tedious to have to click through each album and go to another page to find a particular song and listen to it. What happened to "About" pages for artists? Please bring those back. Since the April 2021 update, I hate using this app and will likely cancel my Premium subscription if things don't change within a couple of months. I can't find anything anymore. I also HATE all the social media promotion in the app. I am here for the music and I don't feel the need to broadcast my listening behavior on all my social media profiles. 

Updated on 2021-05-06

Hey folks, thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

I’ve closed this idea as the Ideas Exchange Guidelines do not allow requests for complete roll-backs. If you don’t like a certain update, you’re welcome to provide constructive feedback in the relevant Help section of the Community. If you would like to suggest specific feature changes, feel free to submit one or even several ideas in the Idea Exchange, keeping in mind that only one change request is allowed per idea.

For more information, check out the Idea Exchange Guidelines here.

Comments
syenigma
Visitor

no

jjustinx_
Visitor

everything is so f****** enlarged like i'm not blind thanks. the left menu bar on the desktop app only has liked sons and a useless create a new album button and I have to click more buttons to get to artists and albums i downloaded. And to make matters worse, they are so green everywhere and the the fact that they added a disturbingly purple and stand out Liked Songs icon on the menu just makes me crazy. The playlists also now have useless icons next to them to make the whole thing messier. On the phone, I can't even create my own orders of the playlists i made. Does anyone know how to shrink the size of the pics and fonts in the app? Thanks 

nemcija
Regular

Well for me the desktop app is entirely useless now. No overview anymore, I find nothing. Searching for songs in albums is horrible if you don't see songs. Even my own playlists are hard to read now because everything is too big.

I wonder why they switchted from a good overview to this useless design. 😞

Maybe its finally time to switch to another streaming provider. All good things have to come to an end. This time spotify. 😞

-Webxorcist-
Regular

Upvote!
There have already been a few idea suggestions for that, but of course Spotify won't care.
It's like when I constantly tell people I have diabetes, they just don't care.
Frustrating, really.

darnassiano
Visitor

I also hate this UI. I'd rate this with a 3 in a 1-10 scale.

mmcreative
Casual Listener

THANK YOU for submitting this request. I have been going back and forth with Spotify tech support all day about this (every time a different agent, hardly any seeming to understand what I actually want and re-proposing the same useless "solutions" every time). All I want is to SIMPLY be able to view and play through an artist's entire album list like I used to. This is no-brainer boilerplate functionality. It interrupts my workflow when I have to manually switch to the artist's next album every time the previous one ends. I don't care about the thumbnails. Just give me a list view where I can see and play everything in an artist's repertoire when I go to the artist's page. Spotify, please restore this crucial functionality.

CheckTheFlo
Casual Listener

Yes please, go back to the old interface quickly (1.1.57 probably). The new one (1.1.58) is much less intuitive. The previous versions were so intuitive, which for me is a huge quality compared to other streaming platforms. I always found Spotify simple, easy, convenient, well done, intuitive. And that's really not the case with this latest version and that's a shame. This is the first time I've felt like stopping my premium subscription!

As a visually impaired person with screen setup customised for my disability (relatively low resolution and high custom scaling), the new Spotify literally is unusable. The interface cannot make sense of my screen setup and key functions fall off screen with no apparent fix other than to change my Display settings (which I will not do as it would mean straining the **bleep** out of my eyes using absolutely every other application). 

Typical and sadly familiar situation of a corporate having no regard at all for people with disabilities in their development and testing process. 

Maybe this will be fixed. I'll give it a few weeks but if not them I'm cancelling.  

Noah
Rock Star 8
Rock Star 8
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-05-06

Hey folks, thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

I’ve closed this idea as the Ideas Exchange Guidelines do not allow requests for complete roll-backs. If you don’t like a certain update, you’re welcome to provide constructive feedback in the relevant Help section of the Community. If you would like to suggest specific feature changes, feel free to submit one or even several ideas in the Idea Exchange, keeping in mind that only one change request is allowed per idea.

For more information, check out the Idea Exchange Guidelines here.

Related Ideas