Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. Also, check out our Wrapped FAQ for answers to common questions.

[Artist Page] Filter on Album / Artist Pages

In the latest version you can no longer search an artist's page for a specific album or song using ctrl-f. Please bring this functionallity back.

Updated on 2020-07-06

Hey,
Thanks for adding your comments and votes to this idea.
This idea has been 'not right now' for 2+ years. We're marking this as 'closed' as we don't currently have any plans to implement this. If anything changes, we'll check back in.

Comments

CTRL+F is not a feature, it's a necessity for any program that deals with lists. Your whole music player is built on list after list. Yet you don't have this feature? That's like having a brand new restraunt but not having menus. It makes no sense right? Exactly spotify. Let's stop putting this off because it's too "tedious" and fix this. To be honest I don't even feel like putting any more music in my playlists because i'm afraid I won't be able to find it. 

Spotify
Spotify
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Hey guys, we are marking this as 'Under Consideration' until we have further updates for you all. We definitely know this is a popular feature request that users want, thanks everyone.

Casual Listener

Please keep in mind that this functionality disappeared 2.5 years ago. We were originally told that it was accidentally removed and please be patient while we blah blah blah, thank you for continuing to give us money every month. It's nice to know that you are now taking it "under consideration" to fix it. I personally stopped using and paying for Spotify months ago when it became clear that you were stripping down the usefulness of your desktop client to force people to use the painfully slow browser interface. It was a very good decision. Need to figure out how to stop receiving these updates from your company on this joke of a ticket.

Roadie

2,5 years without search on artist pages. +648 votes and all Spotify have to give us is "Under consideration". 😞

Casual Listener

Hey spotify, you are marking this as 'Under Consideration' until you have further updates for us all. You definitely know this is a popular feature request that we want, no thanks to spotify. 

Roadie

Everytime Spotify updates the first thing I do is check if search on artistpage is back. 😞

Please add this back! It's such a useful, needed feature.

I realize this idea is a few years old but is it still under consideration? I find it difficult locating a specific song from an artist page (especially longer ones) because I am unable to use CTRL+F to quick search/filter. Likewise, the browser's built in CTRL+F search does not function on the web player when looking for songs on an artist page.

Roadie

@Rorey "We're happy to let you know that we're aware of this feature's popularity and we plan to add this back. The feature needs some improvements but we know how much you enjoy using the filter. Please subscribe to this thread so we can alert you once we've implemented the filter on the new artist page. Thank you so much for the feedback."

This quote is from march 2013. THREE years ago and you still haven't added it back. I'm so disapointed, Spotify.

Music Fan

downgrade to version 0.8.5 if you want it back. that's the only way.