[Artist Page] Popular & Album tracks should be linked

Hello all,

This is my first post, as you might be able to tell.

I just wanted to submit an adjustment to the current setup of 'playable' tracks when located on an artists page. Currently, shuffle mode is on and repeat is off, the application is setup to play the top few popular songs (if one of those are selected) along with the rest of the songs. This means that because the songs that are located in the popular section at the top of the page are viewed, by the applications, as seperate songs than those below in the albums it will play them all together.

Let's say that for example an artist does not have very many songs on Spotify, 'Fickle Friends' or 'The Night VI', but their songs are still present in both individual albums and the popular songs section. When trying to play the songs with the previously mentioned settings, shuffle mode is on and repeat is off, the user will feel as though Spotify is playing duplicates of the songs (which of course it is!), sometimes even playing the same song right after the one it has already played.

It should be fixed by making these popular songs an alias of the songs from each of the albums below, just linking these two files together so it will play only one of each. I have a feeling that this is originally how Spotify was setup (very vague memory) but it could be causing problems for the programmers/developers and so was removed. 

Thanks,

Gage.

Screen Shot 2015-04-04 at 4.25.26 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-04-04 at 4.25.15 PM.png
Updated: 2016-04-05

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated: 2015-04-06

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. ;)
This idea requests that when shuffling a whole artist page, the popular tracks are linked to their appearance in the respective albums, so they will not be repeated.

twirdpdog

why does spotify play songs that are not by original artists? I know my songs and  can tell it's wrong artist singing .....not original one. I can tell as soon as intro begins. Tempo is off too. this sucks. Please help me. I cant even find an icon marked 'send' or to whom to send it. After all this typing I"m fed up. I just had surgery and my music is my relaxation pill. I play it on my laptop until I finally get  to sleep.

I anyone does get this email me your suggestion or solution to:

northvike99@hotmail.com

BTW this is my first time using this feature and am stumbling around trying to figure out where and how to get my help request sent to someone.

Thanks,

Judy  

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea
Updated: 2016-04-05

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!