Announcements

Artist Page: Put all Albums/Singles/"Appears on" in strict year order. Change it back to this.

Currently the artist page has the current sorting:

Album

Singles

"Appears on" 

I would prefer to get rid of all the categories. 

I want the singles and albums and "Appears on" to mix, with newest things at the top.

The reason is simple, I want to see the newest stuff from that artist! 🙂

The thing is lots of times artists release 1 off songs, or singles at first months before the album, or demos. I want to see that right at the top.

I think this used to be the way Spotify did things but a few months ago they redid the artist pages and made it the 3 categories worst method. I'd really rather change it back to mixed, rather than the 3 category method.

This idea has been submitted more than 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gained enough kudos during that time (10 kudos/year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, this idea will be closed for now. Note that this does not mean the idea has been declined by Spotify.

Please feel free to re-post this idea if you still feel you want this implemented. With a little change in presentation, maybe this time it will gain the necessary support from the community.

Comments
SpotifyFixThis

Usually the singles and demos and remixes, and collaborations are not too much, so it's not like they bury the albums. Usually they would just be a tiny break in between albums with some poppular remixes perhaps........................  However, with the current 3 category system, it TOTALLY buries new singles and demos and collaborations allllll the way at the bottom of the lists.................. For many artists that have lots of albums this is terrible................. And buries their new work if they decide not to release a full album. I wouldn't mind a sort button that can clean out singles and Appears On and bumps just full albums up top, but by default, it should be strict chronological order with no segregation, since that is what most people will look at and see.

Marco
Status changed to: New Idea

Kim_Lihaug

Definitely should have a tab system instead, so that the different categories could be sought out easily.

If you want live albums, just go to that tab

if you want singles, go to that tab.

if you want appears on, go to that tab.

All the categories should of course present its contents in chronological order.

SpotifyFixThis

@Kim_Lihaug wrote:

Definitely should have a tab system instead, so that the different categories could be sought out easily.

If you want live albums, just go to that tab

if you want singles, go to that tab.

if you want appears on, go to that tab.

All the categories should of course present its contents in chronological order.

Yes, yes! 🙂

There are many artists that release singles first off, or singles that are not related to the albums. 

Unfortunately this listing set up is very album centric, when, that's not necessarily the way things work anymore in modern music IMO. 

mdewater

Oh man, PLEASE no. The separation is absolutely essestial, as you'll see from the reaction to this post: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Distinguish-between-studio-albums-and-other-releases/i...

Most people would seem to prefer even MORE separation. For any artists with more than a handful of album and single releases, it makes it nearly impossible to browse through a single list, because you're just scrolling through hundreds and hundreds of albums, unable to find what you're looking for. 

Ideally, I'd love for them to add more sorting headers, so each artist page would consist of:

Studio Albums:

Live Albums:

Compilations (Greatest Hits):

Singles/EPs:

Appears On:

Seems to make most logical sense to me, as it would make finding things incredibly easy.

Fred
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

This idea has been submitted more than 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gained enough kudos during that time (10 kudos/year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, this idea will be closed for now. Note that this does not mean the idea has been declined by Spotify.

Please feel free to re-post this idea if you still feel you want this implemented. With a little change in presentation, maybe this time it will gain the necessary support from the community.

Env: prod