Artist Shuffle Play: Choose from full discography

When I browse to an artist and choose to Shuffle Play, it only seems to play the top songs + the latest album. I'm pretty sure most people are expecting the entire full discography of the artist to play.

If there is another way of enabling this, please let me know (I don't want to have to create a new playlist everytime). I'm assuming if someone wanted to listen to the artists latest album, they can browse to the album and play that.

When someone presses shuffle play they should be playing the full discography of the artist.

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as new idea and added "Choose from full discography" to make it a bit clearer and easier to find via search. 😉

I really want this too! Just shuffling the top few albums is definitely not what you'd want when you shuffle an artist's discography.

Casual Listener

Yes! Just realized that "shuffle artist" doesn't go deep into the album tracks. We definitely need an option to shuffle all songs by an artist without having to create a special playlist.

Yea, the shuffle on the mobile app sucks. On the desktop app if you click any song, as long as all albus are open it will shuffle everything. Not so on the mobile. Fix this!

is there any way to shuffle all music by a specific artist yet?

I think this idea could be improved on, you should be able to pick which albums you shuffle through, sometimes I don't want to listen to Live albums when I'm shuffling.

I agree that the shuffle option in general needs a nice bit of tweaking

Agree with this. Very frustrating that only the 2/3 most recent albums are played in the shuffle.

Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!