[Artists] Listen to an Artist WITHOUT Remixes

I often like to go to an artist's page, and listen to their music. When I do this, I don't have any interest in listening to the remixes on their artist page; I only really want to listen to their original songs.

I would like there to be a feature to disable remixes from playing when I am playing songs by a particular artist.

Updated on 2019-10-13

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea again, in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-10-15

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Regular

Could have my vote. Although I'd specify between viewed artist's tracks, remixed by 3rd parties, and remixes by said artist him/herself.

At least in electronic music, quite a lot of artists have remixes of their own hand, in their 'top tracks' list - would you want those removed from the results as well? Or just the remixes of théir tracks by 'lesser gods'.

Suggestion:

Make both options available via 2 checkboxes:

• exclude remixes by others
  • exclude remixes by viewed artist as well
Composer

I understand where your coming from but I have to say in my experience I've found some of my favourite songs with this feature enabled so I have to say I'd prefered if it remain!

Yes, totally agree! Some artists even have albums of their remixes and I don't want to hear to any of that!

I'd soo love this!!!!!!

My "Release Radar" has 90% remixes and live songs. It would be nice to filter these out so I can focus on new studio releases.

Visitor

Yes please. Almost 50% useless remixes on my radar now....

I want new stuff from artists In following

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2019-10-13

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea again, in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!