[BMW] Support more BMW Models on Android

There is a huge thread that is not getting any attention from Spotify because it's marked as "implemented" but it is not.  Spotify should work on BMW ConnectedDrive, like it does on iOS (and it does on the very latest 7-Series BMW)

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Implemented-Ideas/Android-Other-Integration-of-Spotify-and-BMW-Conn...

Let's please get this implemented / fixed - there seems little point keeping my subscription if I can't use it easily in the car.

Updated on 2019-08-29

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
Ddc2

Here here 

Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2016-10-13

Marked as new idea.

mwjburton

Yes please.

Hack3r814

It's ridiculous that this isn't done yet.  Also, asked spotify for consideration and they offered a free month, but then told me that because I'm on a family plan I can't use the free month.  Such a nice offer of something I cannot use.

Brentnall27

At the very least could we have any kind of comment at all from Spotify staff regarding this issue.

Hilarious how long it has been since an official update in this still very active thread:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Implemented-Ideas/Android-Other-Integration-of-Spotify-and-BMW-Conn...

alivogia

Saying that Android Spotify works with Connected Drive with a sidenote of "only on the 2016 BMW 7-series" is an insult to BMW owners that have Android phones. And it's even more offensive when those users (like me) have a paid subscription on Spotify. The subscription doesn't really worth it when you can't hear the music in your car.

I am not sure what percentage of Spotify's paying users us interested in this topic we are, however, I hope Spotify fixes this, ot give us a reason to keep having our subscription.

Also, if Spotify is not paying attention to these forums, I think Play Store ratings of 0 or 1 star from all of us affected by this might have a better chance of making them pay attention to our problem. (and hopefully speed up a fix for this)

vtone5000

Please help us in getting this implemented for all BMWs Spotify.

Thank you

Spolalu

Please work on the integration of the Android App into all BMW Connected Drive systems. Not everybody can afford to buy a new 7 series in order to enjoy the comfort of Spotify on the road :-).

ms1003

+1

Ibairodriguez

It's ashaming to see how spotify says this idea is already implemented when only a ridiculously small amount of drivers can enjoy this feature. 

Please, provide us a solution or at least an approximate date for it.

BMW connected drive and spotify integration now please!!