Better commercials

I suggest that spotify offers an option to change commercials. Since you can't skip commercials in the free version of spotify I think that a good alternative is to add the ability of skipping to the next commercial, you'd still have to comply with the x seconds of commercial time but you'd be enjoying it, which makes a commercial work more effectively. It would also resolve the problem of inapropriate content (and, as what is now more common, spotify could use that option to adapt itself to the listener. It'd be a nice detail if in that case you could also delete the data that's been gathered, and let it be only within spotify, not given away <3)

Updated: 2016-06-28

Hi and thanks for your contribution! A similar idea has also been suggested here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Advertisement-Choose-Ads-by-Category/idi-p/1191211
Add your kudos and comments there please!

Comments
Casual Listener

I totally agree with LauraLightning! For the past 4 days the same inapproriate ad has been playing again and again. While I usually don't mind the advertisements (and some of them have actually been very useful) I feel that if more of these advertisements air without the ability to silence them, change them, or do something about them, then I am going to have to reluctantly look for streaming services elsewhere. While I love Spotify, the choice of songs that I can listen to, the large library of audio, and the preference learning that Spotify has, I will not listen to advertisements that are inapproriate. 

Give us the ability to down vote ads, even if we have to listen to the same ad a couple of times before it takes effect, but please don't make us listen to the same ad for days in a row.

I agree! I don't mind commercials between songs, but lately I've had to listen to multiple inappropriate content. I often listen to Spotify content while working late at night (it's less creepy). However, recently I've had the Purge commercials pop up constantly. Even to end the audio of the commercial, I have to look at the photo associated with the Purge. Not helpful for me in this situation.

Community Legend
Status changed to: Duplicate
Updated: 2016-06-28

Hi and thanks for your contribution! A similar idea has also been suggested here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Advertisement-Choose-Ads-by-Category/idi-p/1191211
Add your kudos and comments there please!