Bring Audio Preview to Artist/Album pages and search results!

Note: This idea references features from the new Discover tab which may not have reached all users yet! If you have any feedback about discover, please head over to this ideas topic

Summary

One of the most useful features of the new discover tab is the ability to "Preview" recommendations.

I think this feature would be very useful if rolled out to other pages, such as Artist/Album pages, as well as search results so you can easily preview content without interrupting what you are already listening to. Music discovery for me goes far beyond what the Discover tab suggests!

Implementation

The behind the scenes work to make this happen might stretch further than I am imagining, although it the new web based pages such as discover and artist pages run on the same platform, how hard can it be to migrate a feature! :) 

Good news for the Spotify UI team is implementing this would require only minor changes, since it can be easily worked into the already available elements, just like on Discover. 

For anyone who does know, here is what audio preview looks like in Discover:

from discover.png

This could easily be added to other pages:

Artist Pages

preview here.png 

Search Results

preview here too.png

And with a minor change, a track preview button would be epic!:

preview small.png

track preview.png

Excuse my paint skills! 

Conclusion

This feature being rolled out would greatly add to my Spotify experience! Add your kudos if you agree! :) 

Peter

I do not work for, or am anway professionally connected to Spotify

Updated: 2015-07-27

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
Zarouk
Roadie

Great idea !!!

Completly agree about the track preview button ...

Audio Preview in activity bar will be also epic ;)

soldier9599
Regular

I was thinking exactly the same thing and came here to post this. For each one it should play an excerpt from the most popular song within its respective group, and the best part of the song like the Discover section does if possible. It should always tell you which song it is playing--not only for this but also for the Discover section, which currently does not tell you which song.

Peter__
Community Legend

Activity bar would be epic too actually! Nice thought :) 

Peter

RMoore109

I totally agree with this one with one addition - The feature would be excedingly useful in the Activity feed as well.  Getting a quick sample of what the people you're following is listening would be awesome.

awwherrroooo
Casual Listener

Agreed, but I would use this in the activity feed more than anywhere else.  It's nice being able to sample what your friends are listening to without changing your entire playlist.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

spo
Roadie

Preview button would be epic on any list: normally we don't want to disrupt whatever we are listening by trying out new things.

We wouldn't neccessarily need the preview button either: clicking and holding on the track in the list should do it. Then, when the preview starts, an icon is shown at the cursor as a sign of what is happening.

Leffko

I really miss preview track functionality in "Friends' activity list".

Although, I disagree with automatic preview start without click by jost holding cursor over the track. It could raise false previews if mouse cursor unintentionally would be left over the button. Some sort of gesture, although might be ok.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea
Updated: 2015-07-27

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!