Bring Back Album Auto Playlist Naming when Creating

OK, not sure what update it was, but everytime I now create a new Playlist from an Album on Android app, it now asks me to name the Playlist from scratch, instead of auto filling the Playlist name with 'Artist - Album Name'. INFURIATING is not the word! Please Please Please change it back! 

ta!

JK

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-11-28

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in slightly different again 🙂

Have a nice day!

Luke

Comments
Roadie

This is one of the great mysteries that is Spotify. Why would this not be the default behavior? A simple check to see if a user is requesting a playlist from the album page is all it takes. It does this on the Mac desktop, and as the OP said, is SOOOOOO freaking irritating on mobile. For the love of God, please implement this. 

I was a happy paying customer for a few years, but I find the removal of this autofill option for album playlist on my android phone so annoying that I really question whether I want to keep paying for this downgrade. Put it back!

Composer

I'm on the verge of self-destruction because of absolute finger cramp from spending an eternity with naming every single god **bleep** playlist.

It's absolutely ridiculous to always have to write the name of the playlist, whilst previously, you could just delete the automated name and rename the playlist if you wanted... But now I don't even get the option to have it automatically name itself, which was an excellent, quick and smooth way of building my music collection. Now it all requires one giant extra step, having to spell out the artist and album - which leads me to just write a few letters, then losing track of the playlist when more playlists get added, having to be manually named.

The automated naming of playlists still works on PC/Mac, which makes no sense to me. Why delete it from the handheld device which you 99% of the time listen through and always bring, wherever you go, creating soon to be millions of playlist... By hand.

Music Fan

This is the most annoying issue I have ever faced with Spotify. I don't have the words to describe how this frustrates me whenever I want to add a playlist.

NOW I HAVE STOPPED ADDING PLAYLIST JUST BECAUSE OF THIS ANNOYING THING

WHY WHOULD I WANT TO FILL IT WITH A RANDOM NUMBER AND HAVE AN UNORGANIZED PLAYLIST?

It's been like this for a year and I hope this idiotic "intended feature" gets fixed.

Casual Listener

This is my nightmare. It's too tedious to try and name these manually on the fly. Devs. Please. HELP.This is my nightmare. It's too tedious to try and name these manually on the fly. Devs. Please. HELP.

Music Fan

Hi all

This one still works ok : (latest android version which is capable of saving an album including the name instedad of stupid autoname version!

https://bit.ly/2pRa5CC

Regular

This is patentedly not a new idea. it was part of an older Spotify build and removed due to oversight/negligence/strange decision making. Please just restore it from your code repository.  

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-11-28

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in slightly different again 🙂

Have a nice day!

Luke