Bring Back the Annual Subscription Option

When I started using Spotify I could choose between annual and monthly Subscription. At the time monthly suited my life best.

But now, when I really need to utilize the annual subscription payment model, it is nowhere to be found ( alot of the community posts show a difference between the countries, and some people need to cancel the subscription , and then re-subscribe to get it)

I say Bring Back the Annual Subscription Option!

It used to be easy to just change your current subscription to annual instead, ensuring that you could listen to spotify no matter your current money situation (say if you were going volunteering somewhere and didn't have a steady income, the annual subscription allows you to do both!)

I know there are eCards and all - but this mostly only covers Americans\people who have American credit\debit cards.

What about the rest of the world? Why make it so difficult to take my money?

Bring Back Annual Subscription Option!!

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated: 2016-02-13

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as new idea.
This idea is a re-post of this inactive idea.

kr1234
I also would like this to happen. Im just too lazy to get a 12 month gift card for this. My reason for wanting this feature to come back is because I'm billing the Spotify fee from my company as an expence. Doing it once a month is just.. well too much work. So please bring it back.
jdzaroor

Completely agree...an annual subscription option seems fairly obvious.  

harrisonva

I agree too.  Paying every month for something, when I could just pay once for the year is more conveneint.  Now that iTunes are going to be offering competiiton to Spotify, I will look to see if they offer annual subsrciption, if Spotify can't be bothered to list to us customers.

@Aeruynh wrote:

When I started using Spotify I could choose between annual and monthly Subscription. At the time monthly suited my life best.

But now, when I really need to utilize the annual subscription payment model, it is nowhere to be found ( alot of the community posts show a difference between the countries, and some people need to cancel the subscription , and then re-subscribe to get it)

I say Bring Back the Annual Subscription Option!

It used to be easy to just change your current subscription to annual instead, ensuring that you could listen to spotify no matter your current money situation (say if you were going volunteering somewhere and didn't have a steady income, the annual subscription allows you to do both!)

I know there are eCards and all - but this mostly only covers Americans\people who have American credit\debit cards.

What about the rest of the world? Why make it so difficult to take my money?

Bring Back Annual Subscription Option!!

sconnors57
There should be an annual discounted option for paying it in advance. It seems to me that this is what they are trying to avoid but it doesn't make sense. With a monthly option you can cancel anytime. At least if you pay for the year, the company is guaranteed to get payment from that customer for a full year. Can someone from the company at least address this and tell us if this could ever happen?
dfagod

I also would really prefer to pay for the service annually instead of monthly.  Anyone from Spotify reading these posts?  Please offer a discounted annual rate like most other subscription services offer.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated: 2016-02-13

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!